3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Jet Stream and current CAI question

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 02:55 PM
boyd98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet Stream and current CAI question

Very few seem to like the Airaid setup; well i bought it on impulse and cant really tell a difference (bought it the day after i installed a super 40 so that may be why i dont see/hear/feel a difference)

Anyhow - i have wavered on whether or not to return it, not sure i could return it anyway, but one of the things that i was thinking about was adding the jet stream by air ram.

My Airaid setup still uses the bottom of the factory airfilter box, so it has the little snorkel and it does have a heat shield around it; so one could assume that it is almost the equivalent of the factory setup with the exception of the MIT tube. Not sure the true benifit of this setup and if you have some thoughts let me know - i would really like to feel better about this purchase; currently i think it was a waste of money.

now im debating on whether or not to add the jetstream to the setup. I dont really want to keep wasting money, but i do have the bug to mod the **** out of my truck.

Let me know what you think, i think most ppl i see with the jet stream utilize the air ram CAI as well, which i wish i would have had the patience to wait for. But in either case; is it worth the 55$ or should i just sit tight and not nit pick over stupid stuff?

TIA,

Boyd

Old 06-25-2006, 07:02 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Jet Stream and current CAI question

I say get the =JET=STREAM=> because it will complement ANY induction system to include your stock intake or ANY aftermarket induction system that gets the air from the passengers side wheel well. The cooler air will lower your underhood temps and increase all round performance when moving forward.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 06-25-2006, 07:14 PM
boyd98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Jet Stream and current CAI question

thx for the response, yea i do think im going to get it, are those on back order and do i have to order through ebay? The website has a delivery date of may, so that confused me.

Also i have read some responses as far as my type of setup and i wasnt sure if it would really allow more air in that snorekl or not; the cooler engine temp i think i can understand. was your dyno test with just the air ram or air ram and jet stream combo? Every dyno the jetstream with any other filter or even stock?

how far back does the jet stream go back, it was hard to tell by the picture-

*edit* actually, im probably asking too many questions for a simple 50 bucks, ill probably give it a shot after next week.

thx,

Boyd

Quick Reply: Jet Stream and current CAI question