3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SOME people SUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:57 PM
Timmay!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SOME people SUCK!

Actually, no, I haven't been run out of any boards, I'm a pretty new member.

As my reply mentioned, it was not a lecture, but I agree, people are stupid, hence 105 mph, but this could go on forever.

We certainly can't cure stupid, but do encourage it.......................

Old 06-26-2006, 12:18 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

Actually, no, I haven't been run out of any boards, I'm a pretty new member.
>>>>>>>>>>

Then I'd suggest keeping the personal attacks to private message. You teach your kids to hate like this? I sure hope if myself a friend or family member are ever in need of an EMT you are off duty that day.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:42 AM
bohoram
Professional

Yeah, 105 mph is a WONDERFUL idea.....not to mention SAFE. What a boner you muust be thinking that is the way to break in a new vehicle....not even close. I would never wish death on you,,,,just a damaged motor for being such a yanker.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:12 AM
Max00racer
Veteran

I save the bashing and thrashing for my RC cars haha. I already learned my lesson when I let my lady friend drive my truck around a parking lot...and managed to mow down a construction barrel and say "I didn't see it" Thank god it wasn't a car coming around that corner.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:25 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

OK guys, we don't want to run this guy out of here, after all, he is a fellow DF'r. He was just relating his story about guys over on the atvconnection forum being overly sensitive. I seriously doubt this guy was speeding down a subdivision or blowing past traffic "like they were going backwards"

Is it probably the best way to break in a new motor? Probably not.

Is it safe to be traveling that speed in a 3ton brick? Definitely not.

To be quite honest, it isn't the people that speed that bother me. . . .It is the people that speed and cut in and out of traffic that bother me. For instance, I was on a local road the other day and a older Chevy Astro (GM's boxy minivan) was speeding and cutting in and out of traffic. He was even blasting down turn lanes to get around people. He looked to be young (not that it matters) and driving recklessly. He went to go around this car in a turn lane, but turned in to quick. He fish tailed the van and ran off the road and ended up wrecking and flipping the vehicle on its side. He was OK and it was a 1 vehicle wreck. I phoned 911 and gave my "eye witness account." The guy was OK, but what an idiot. These are the guys that worry me.

As far as Timmay's comments, sometimes I have the same sentiment. I get tired of seeing guys in the ER because of stupidity. I think a comment like that is more in frustration than anything. I won't speak for anyone else, but it is a neverending story. Guy goes fast, guy crashes, guys wife gets a call. Nobody that dies or is injured in a wreck thinks they are going to die or get injured when they wake up that morning, no matter the circumstances.

The bottom line is this. If you are going to speed, do so at a track or while I'm not around (or anyone else for that matter). I will not criticize or bash anyone that wants to speed in thier Ram. That is thier prerogative, however, please do so when it is "safe" to do so. Sure I've topped out my Ram at 108. Was it the smartest thing to do, probably not. There are always instances where I think it is "safe" to speed. My instances are on HWY 27 in nowhereville Florida in the middle of the Everglades when there is nobody around and it is a complete straight shot.

I have donned my flame suit.

Old 06-26-2006, 11:52 AM
raidermike67
Veteran

Sure I've topped out my Ram at 108. Was it the smartest thing to do, probably not. There are always instances where I think it is "safe" to speed. My instances are on HWY 27 in nowhereville Florida in the middle of the Everglades when there is nobody around and it is a complete straight shot.
>>>>>>>>>

Which is exactly what I did but I get roasted for it.

I'm not saying it's smart nor am I recommending people drive at that speed...I simply wanted to see what it would do for two seconds, that was about it. I commute 130 miles per day (NOT in my truck btw) and I am quite shocked at what I see on a daily basis and quite surprised there are not more bad accidents, hell I saw a lady driving down the freeway doing a CROSSWORD puzzle...

Old 06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: raidermike67

Sure I've topped out my Ram at 108. Was it the smartest thing to do, probably not. There are always instances where I think it is "safe" to speed. My instances are on HWY 27 in nowhereville Florida in the middle of the Everglades when there is nobody around and it is a complete straight shot.
>>>>>>>>>

Which is exactly what I did but I get roasted for it.

I'm not saying it's smart nor am I recommending people drive at that speed...I simply wanted to see what it would do for two seconds, that was about it. I commute 130 miles per day (NOT in my truck btw) and I am quite shocked at what I see on a daily basis and quite surprised there are not more bad accidents, hell I saw a lady driving down the freeway doing a CROSSWORD puzzle...

Don't sweat it. We really are a bunch of nice people, I swear. Just make sure you put in your qualifiers such as....only person on the road, long and staight, blah blah blah. There have been numerous topics and threads about the speed limiter and how to get rid of it.

Old 06-26-2006, 12:45 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

Just make sure you put in your qualifiers such as....only person on the road, long and staight, blah blah blah. >>>>>>>>

HWY 99 north of Sac around 9:30-10pm, straight path about as far as you can see at that time, two lane freeway both ways with a center divider. I have an ATV that will go 75 MPH yet nobody talks about how insane it is to drive one of those that fast, lol, much more scary and dangerous IMO.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:41 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

You know I have no problem with people who drive fast, now 105 is a little much for me but to each thier own, I wont be the one bashing anyone who drives fast or speeds cause I do it along with EVERYONE else on the freeway. I dont know one person who goes 65mph on a 65mph highway, it just doesnt happen. Now on the other hand if you're cutting through traffic and weaving in and out of traffic like a complete moron then I hope you hit the median cause you deserve it. Its ok if your on a long stretch of road by yourself but if its in traffic where you could/will hurt/kill someone else besides yourself then I have no pitty for you. I would hate to be the person who lost control in the middle of traffic and slammed into a small car or any vehicle with a baby or small child or single mom or dad or family in it. Before anyone desides to speed and rip through traffic or just speed period just think of that......

Oh and speeding down the highway in the middle of the nite is also not the best of things either, hitting a small animal that causes a bump when you hit it at that speed can do a number on you, or what if there is a car driving infront of you with thier rear lights out......

Like I said and I want to make this perfectly clear that Im not saying that everyone shouldnt speed ever, cause everyone does but just be safe while your doing it and keep an eye out for anyone/anything else thats on the road that if something were to happen would it just be you or would it involve innocent people or children..... Just my 2 cents though....

Old 06-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

On Interstate 5 here in Cali if you're not going 85 you're getting passed up by everyone and actually causing a hazard. 95MPH is commonplace. There are many situations in which a smart, cautious driver can drive 105MPH without taking his/hers/anyone else's life in their hands, at least any more than any of us do when getting behind the wheel for any reason. 105 is not that fast, IMO. Plus, there aren't many other types of vehicles out there that I can think of that would be safer to drive at moderately high speeds. Huge, all steel front end, 4-wheel disc, driver and passenger airbags, weighs over 6000lbs.

BTW I have been driving for 20 years without a single incident. I am also an avid race fan and racing sim fanatic. You've got to know what you're doing before finding a back straight somewhere and opening her up. Know the road, know the vehicle, know your own limitations.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: SOME people SUCK!