3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

SOME people SUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 04:03 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SOME people SUCK!

It's rather funny that people talk about 105mph as being too fast. For starters, the problem isnt the speed. The problem is the condition of the vehicles and the DRIVERS!!!!! You cannot back up the argument that speed is the reason why accidents happen. 7 out of 10 times its simply because you had a bonehead driver who wasnt paying attention/doing something stupid/racing or had a vehicle that wasnt designed for what the driver was trying to do.

Go to Germany, ride on the autobahn, which I have done several times. Cars are on it doing in excess of 100+ on a regular basis. They're also 100 times safer drivers then we are here in the USA. The accident ratio in Germany is about maybe 1/4 of what it is here in the USA.

Drivers and the conditions of vehicles are the cause for accidents, not the speed. Speed can play a part when people dont think smartly and dont keep their vehicle in good order.

For the record, I've had every vehicle I've owned up over 100mph....and I've been up over the 150mph a few times as well on I-35 in Texas...

Old 06-26-2006, 04:58 PM
prerunner
Captain

To each his own.

One time, at band camp.........

Old 06-26-2006, 06:23 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

As I said before I have no problem with people who speed and do all that crap when the conditions are right, personally Ive only gotten my ram upwards of 102 and I had my 76' Chevy at 145 but it was on a straight piece of highway with no one on it out in the middle of nowhere in the desert with a few friends, however its the people who race down the roads and freways where other people are driving that bother me the most. My feonce's brother and his 3month old son were killed last june by some dumbass racing through traffic going upwards of 125 when it lost control and smashed into them. The cause was the from the other cars front drivers side wheel sheering the studs off and coming free. The car was not ment or made for those speeds and when he jerked the wheel to pass his car they snapped. My rule of thumb is that if there are others around you then you have no right to get up into those speeds, and if your car is not made for the speed then why push it or test your luck at least while there are other people driving around you.

Old 06-26-2006, 08:29 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

On Interstate 5 here in Cali if you're not going 85 you're getting passed up by everyone and actually causing a hazard. 95MPH is commonplace.>>>>>>>>>

Just about any CA freeway that isn't stuck in gridlock the avg. speed in the fast lane is 80, and IF you don't maintain that speed you WILL get tailgated all day long. Even at 80 in the fast lane I get passed on the right ALL the time and MOSTLY by large trucks. Had a guy in some kind of company van FLY past me on the right (I'm doing 80) traffic in his lane slows he jerks over in front of me and has to hit his brakes from going so damn fast, hhhhhhmmmmm...I see one the companies phone number right on the back of the van, so I give them a call, get their supervisor on the phone and told him one of his drivers just FLEW past me doing probably 95+mph as I was doing 80, then cuts me off and has to hit his brakes, within two minutes this guy gets all the way over to the slow lane. THAT is an example of rudeness, stupidity and total lack of respect for your employers equipment.

Old 06-26-2006, 09:40 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its amazing how well the rear bumper phone numbers work. I did the same one very early dark morning when a guy in a minivan cutoff me and a semi rig, going up 131 in MI.
He was nearly made an oreo cooky between to semi rigs. A phone call to his supervisor at 4am slowed him down to a resonable speed for the highway, and no more recklessness

Quick Reply: SOME people SUCK!