3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Speaker Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:05 PM
mgsouthwest2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speaker Question

Hi everyone. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction in regard to a kicker for my regular cab 05 Ram. I am looking for a box that has not only the woofers in it but also mids and tweeters and that is ported. This is the kind of boxes I used to buy for my cars several years ago. It seems that all you can find in stores today are the sealed sub boxes. Good for bass only. The salesmen always tell you that you have to get that kind of box and then change your door speakers for the mids and highs. I am not interested in all that. I want the whole set up in one box or two if they are the old kind of truck kickers. Where can I buy something like this?

Old 07-08-2006, 10:27 PM
LoFlyer
Professional
Default RE: Speaker Question

Sorry for not answering your question directly but I rec that you reconsider the salesman's suggestion. Mids and highs are directional in that you can tell where they are coming from and these freqs need to come from in front of you or they will sound bad (an expert will tell you that you will get poor stereo imaging, I'll just say they will sound bad). Anyway, if you do find the system you're looking for, think about replacing the front speakers with something decent.

Old 07-09-2006, 12:44 AM
hemi24s
Rookie
Default RE: Speaker Question

yeah i agree get A box for the sub(s) alone then get some speakers upgraded on the panels, tweeter is a store that i would recommend cus they carry alot of good brands and you could haggle the price with them, just say for example if your looking at some speakers that cost say 300.00 say you saw them at a local shop like al & eds auto sound for 230.00 and they will drop the price for you no question i did that with all my audio equip, normally retail for what i got would be around 5k but haggleing these sales guys i got it for about 3k. good luck!!!

Quick Reply: Speaker Question