3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I was in a motorcycle accident

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 02:02 AM
Palm
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I was in a motorcycle accident

Its good to hear that you are doing so well Nick, I knew you could do it. As far as seeing results, and then working on it that much harder after seeing them, that's the way it works, keep it up. My doctor told me at the outset, that the will to get over it, and get well, was worth over 50% of what he could do for me. With the doctor's and therapist's expertise, along with the will you obviously have, you will do well.

Keep letting us hear from you along the way.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:43 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Quick update:

Depending on the outcome of my vascular and orthopedic appointments in the next two days, I could be going home on Friday! FRIDAY! That meets my goal set last week of going home in the next two weeks. I'm pretty excited!

I've still got this bar in my leg, and once it comes out, I'll have to be readmitted for therapy on my left leg. I'm in the EASY part of rehab and therapy at the moment. Once this external fixator comes out, we've got to start bending the knee and really working on ankle flexion. Ouch. That's alright, though...it's one step closer to walking.

America, **** YEAH!!!!!!

Old 08-09-2006, 02:51 AM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

Nick,

man that will be awesome for you, i hope that your appointments go great and you can go home friday, i believe that will do wonders for you, from the sound of this you have been working your a$$ off and its gonna pay off in the end, man just keep up the hard work and were all here routing (sp?) for you.. Best wishes on the appointments and going home, and on the second part of the bar and the external fixator, just get through it and i know you will do great, but your right its one step closer to walking, focus on the end result not whats going on now..

Best Wishes
Charles

Old 08-10-2006, 01:05 PM
Tani1500
Champion

good to hear nick, just keep at it and it will all get better in the end.

Old 08-15-2006, 03:01 AM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well, It's Monday and I'm still in the hospital. HOWEVER, the appointments did go VERY well last week. The ortho doc, who was one of my surgeons when I first came into the ER after my accident, was very happy with the way my knee healed. I have no bone damage, it was all ligaments, tendons, and the like. He said that there was nothing in the knee area that wasn't damaged in one way or another. So, I lost my ACL, MCL, and all the supporting cast that keep the knee doing what the knee joint does. Hence, the external fixator to keep all the newly fixed pieces in place.

Well, he was so happy with the way things have healed, that I am having the ExFix out this Wednesday! Thank. God. I hate this thing! The bittersweet part is that I'll transition straight into weight bearing on the foot/ankle, and bending the knee in rehab/therapy. This means I won't be going home as planned. However, this is another step forward, and that's the only direction I plan on going from here on out. I'll deal with a few more weeks. My daughter returns next weekend from being spoiled by the grand parents, my wife is getting more pregnant and beautiful every day. Life couldn't be any better, all things considered.

-nk

Old 08-15-2006, 01:50 PM
stump_breaker
Captain

Good for you man. A good attitude always help to overcome adversity. Best wishes to you the wife and kids.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:04 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

I just want to say keep on keeping on and don't stop what your doing, it sounds like your making excelent progress and starting to feel a whole lot better.

I hope for only the best on you and your family. Take good care buddy.

Quick Reply: I was in a motorcycle accident