3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I was in a motorcycle accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Default I was in a motorcycle accident

Hello, all

Don't know if if the mods may want to move this, but I'm posting it here because I really only hang ou on the 3rd Gen board, and anyone who would know me would be from here.

Well, on Jun e 25th I was in a motorcycle accident. I don't really know what happened, but I'm still in the hospital, and will be for a while longer. I lost my right leg from the knee down, and my left leg is screwed into an external fixator traction device. It's a big erector set with pins and screws and bolts on it. It is to keep my leg immobal so an arterial graft can heal, which allowed me to keep my left leg. All injuries are to my lower body. I have no road rash or anything like that, because I was fully dressed for the ride...and the fall.

This is why I haven't been on the board lately. I'm still in alot of pain, and some days are better than others. Today's a good day. Yesterday was not. Don't know if anyone actually wanted to know this or not, or if anyone even noticed I wasn't on theboard, but here I am. I'm still alive, which is the greatest thing. I've still got my wife an daughter, and they still have me. I'll work through everything else. It's still all so hard to comprehend, though. Life can change so quick. Don't take anything for granted, and if you ride a motorcycle, which I know some of you do, dress appropriately.

Here's a link written by one of the guys that was there with me that day. It can get kind of graphic, but it is the best descpription I can find of what happened. I'll be back around the forum, but for now, i'm down for the count. i'll be back on my feet/prosthesis soon enough, i hope. I'll talk to you all soon.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...6&postcount=76

Old 07-09-2006, 04:39 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I was in a motorcycle accident

I'm leaving the thread here.....as I dont see any reason to move it anywhere....

For starters, glad to hear your alive and still with us. It's crazy how a month can change a person. I'm really sorry to hear about the accident and the loss of your leg. That being said, better a limb then your life. I know your wife and daughter are happy your alive and still with them, as are all of us.

The forum and how often your here is unimportant. Just knowing your safe and doing well, that's the important stuff. The loss of your leg is a big thing to a point, but being the kind of guy I think you are, it wont keep you down for very long....and all the things you currently do now....you'll still be able to do.

Remember that your fellow board members are family too....and that we do appreciate and care about you. I wish you a speedy recovery....and hope that you dont let the stress or fear get you down.

P.S.

This was obviously a freak accident....and freak accidents can happen in any car/truck/bicycle/motorcycle. People die in minor car crashes and lose limbs falling off a bicycle in the mountains. Please refrain from any stupid motorcycle comments....as they have no basis here...

Old 07-09-2006, 04:42 PM
BadStratRT
The Forum Tyrant
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow man...im sorry to hear of your troubles, and glad to hear that youre still with us...

Old 07-09-2006, 04:52 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker

I'm glad to hear you're alive as well.

I don't think there's anything I can say that Derrick hasn't said already...but know that I share the same thoughts on it all.

Hopefully you will have a speedy recovery!!!

Old 07-09-2006, 06:16 PM
rob[GL]
All Star

I practically cried when I read the full story, I am so thankful that you're still alive for your wife and child to have and to hold. I'm very sorry about the loss of your limb, and I hope that your recovery is to the fullest... You're a great guy on the forums, and I'm sure even more-so in real life. My wife and I are praying for you, please keep us informed.

Old 07-09-2006, 07:21 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best wishes for a speedy recovery my friend.

It could have been a lot worse. I've lost good friends in accidents over the years.

You have your life and your family to go forward with and they have you.

Old 07-09-2006, 08:49 PM
SLCHemi
Professional

Sorry to learn of your accident and best wishes for a speedy recovery !

Old 07-09-2006, 08:54 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

Chet, Sorry to hear about what happened. I wish you a speedy recovery. All I can recommend is that you do PT as much and as hard as you can. Pain is temporary and you'll be up in no time on a prosthesis and enjoying life to its fullest once again.

Old 07-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Bozz

Chet,

Sorry to hear about the accident but I hope and pray that you have a speedy recovery. Makes me think a little bit since I am also a cycle rider and visit the sport touring website often. Good luck and keep us informed.

Old 07-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Jims04srt
Captain

Chet, Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I'm truely sorry that such a freak acciedent had to happen to you. Glad you are still here with us.

Quick Reply: I was in a motorcycle accident