3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stupid Window Tint

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 10:49 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stupid Window Tint

ORIGINAL: tamuccmike

who really cares unless you are doing it for a purpose like keeping cold air in and sunlight/heat out
This is exactly why I got mine. Not to mention, it keeps the sunlight from blinding me to when it reflects off the cars behind me.

Old 07-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Stroker
Veteran

Never even thought about tint...won't either...who really cares unless you are doing it for a purpose like keeping cold air in and sunlihgt/heat out, if you do it for looks you could have spent the $ a better way...glass was meant to be clear

I couldn't disagree more. Tinted windows Look better on most vehicles especeilly Black ones. But we'r talking opinions here so.....

Plus they kept me from getting arrested in my younger days

Old 07-22-2006, 01:16 AM
arrowman
Professional

The answer lies in that the trucks are assembled for delivery in "Zones."
Unfortunately, "Zones" cover multiple states, and quite often, states in given "Zones" have varying laws regarding what windows can be tinted, and to what degree.

Count your blessings you're not in PA.
Can't tint the windshields (Front or rear) and can't tint the front seat windows....
So I drive an 06 with tinted rear door windows and none of the rest..... Yeah, I know.

Old 07-22-2006, 05:44 AM
mckibbenmd

Never even thought about tint...won't either...who really cares unless you are doing it for a purpose like keeping cold air in and sunlihgt/heat out, if you do it for looks you could have spent the $ a better way...glass was meant to be clear
I disagree. I work nights and I like the idea that it is that much harder for potential thievin bastages to see whats in my truck.

Quick Reply: Stupid Window Tint