3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

P/M'd chetubetcha

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 07:52 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default P/M'd chetubetcha

P/m him, let him know what's up. The message below I copied from an e-mail he sent back

Thanks for writing!

I'm getting by. I take it day by day. Doctors finally have my pain semi-under control, so I'm able to do things like hold a conversation, watch tv, read a book, and log on to the computer more. I'll post an update on the forum here soon.

As for me, I'm back in the hospital right now. I was readmitted a week ago today. Tomorrow I should be going back to the VA hospital, though, to restart my therapy and rehab. They are guessing I should be there about three or four weeks before I get to go home. From there it will be back and forth between being in the VA for therapy and being home for a while. I can't wait to get this external fixator out of my leg so I can start moving it again and get on crutches and out of the wheel chair!

Well, I'll talk to you soon. Thanks again for writing. It means alot.

-nk

Gone Fishin from Dodge Forum <webster2831@verizon.net> wrote:
How's all the therapy goin' ?

Good to see you signing in now and again.

When are they going to let you out of the hospital? Post a new topic, let everyone know how you are doing, I'm sure they really do want to know

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yahoo! Messenger with Voice. Make PC-to-Phone Calls to the US (and 30+ countries) for 2ยข/min or less.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:10 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: P/M'd chetubetcha

Exactly, we do wanna know how he's doing....as he's a valued member and people like that are hard to find.

Thanks for doing this....good to know friendships extend out beyond the board...

Old 07-24-2006, 09:11 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what happened to him? i heard something about an accident but what exactly happened? it sounds bad.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's the original story

Hello, all

Don't know if if the mods may want to move this, but I'm posting it here because I really only hang ou on the 3rd Gen board, and anyone who would know me would be from here.

Well, on Jun e 25th I was in a motorcycle accident. I don't really know what happened, but I'm still in the hospital, and will be for a while longer. I lost my right leg from the knee down, and my left leg is screwed into an external fixator traction device. It's a big erector set with pins and screws and bolts on it. It is to keep my leg immobal so an arterial graft can heal, which allowed me to keep my left leg. All injuries are to my lower body. I have no road rash or anything like that, because I was fully dressed for the ride...and the fall.

This is why I haven't been on the board lately. I'm still in alot of pain, and some days are better than others. Today's a good day. Yesterday was not. Don't know if anyone actually wanted to know this or not, or if anyone even noticed I wasn't on theboard, but here I am. I'm still alive, which is the greatest thing. I've still got my wife an daughter, and they still have me. I'll work through everything else. It's still all so hard to comprehend, though. Life can change so quick. Don't take anything for granted, and if you ride a motorcycle, which I know some of you do, dress appropriately.

Here's a link written by one of the guys that was there with me that day. It can get kind of graphic, but it is the best descpription I can find of what happened. I'll be back around the forum, but for now, i'm down for the count. i'll be back on my feet/prosthesis soon enough, i hope. I'll talk to you all soon.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/...6&postcount=76