3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Jetpig
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge

The chrome lettering I think are the ones we all have been seeing. I have never seen the TR decals though. Curious to see what they look like. I will probably get the lettering also. I have been on a bit of a crusade to find a TR badge that is much different than any I have seen on the road. Pretty much given up though. It must have been a completely custom made badge. Sure looked killer though.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Ram_Sport
Record Breaker

i think hes from around texas, atleast thast what i caught before when reading on older posts

Old 07-27-2006, 05:26 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Silver Eagle

A week after I got my 04 ThunderRoad The dealer called me up and he put the Chrome Lettering kit under my ram 1500 letters. It's a one piece lettering .Very noticable. I didn't even think about the letters until he called me about them.

Ummmm.
No such thing as an '04 Thunder Road, Big Horn, or Lone Star.

And I am not finding any evidence of a Thunder Road badge EVER existing. No, I do not have any pics of the decals...maybe a google search will learn you something.

And I am in Big Horn territory.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:36 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

Well here on the east coast, Delaware to be exact, We have ThunderRoads in the 04 models.

Old 07-27-2006, 08:49 PM
oldVOR

You can actually order your truck with or without the emblems installed.
I ordered mine with "emblems delete" and got the truck naked!
I think it looks a lot better without the emblems anyway, but that's just my opinion......

oV

Old 07-27-2006, 10:41 PM
DaveN

ORIGINAL: dodgedlr

On another note. We have had several Big Horn Editions show up with no badges.
We just order them and submit a warranty claim. We get paid a mark-up on the part and a small labor payment to put them on.

If I pm you with my VIN can you get me my T.R. badge for the tailgate under warr.?
It's what I bought. Not trying to scam anyone.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:16 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

yeah i never saw a bighorn or thunder road til 05 but when my dad got his he got a free spray in bedliner with it and when he took it to the dealer to get it done they gave him a loner for a day that was an 03 Lonestar edition single cab.

Old 07-27-2006, 11:28 PM
daveg

Hey guys this is what i found on ebay. item # 270012310093 for 10dollars for two thunderroad edition badges. the seller is a dodge dealer his ebay name is BWdodgeparts and his ebay store is moparpartsusa.com plus 4.50 shipping. And i will be calling my dealer tommorrow to find out where my badges are. i picked up my ram 3 weeks ago. hope this helps you guys out

Old 07-28-2006, 12:13 AM
onlyinadodge

Here we go again!
2003/2004 Thunder road package included sport appearance package with added on lower cladding kit, chrome exhaust tip,20" wheels,fiberglass bed cover, chrome badging.

2004 Limited edition Hemi Sport had the same package but exchanges the bed cover for hood scoop and Hemi Sport decals on bed side.

2005 Thunder road was a package upgrade to standard truck and included some interior upgrades along with the 20" wheels and chrome badging. Some of the early production trucks were left over 2004 packages. Otherwise not very exciting.

"2006:Big Horn/Lone Star/Thunder Road Value Group,
SLT Quad Cab short bed
Special axle ratio, satellite radio w/one year service, sliding rear window, fog lights, bright grille, bodyside moldings, P275/60R20 tires, alloy wheels. NA w/Sport Quick Order Pkg. 26L."

This has been my observations over the years. Not meant to be the definitive answer.
Basically the 05/06 TR were fluff packages on an otherwise standard truck.

Old 07-28-2006, 01:47 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

That's what my 04 has except I had them take the 20's off and put 17's on at the dealership. I bought it off the lot. I didn't like the 20 inch wheels and I wanted the truck for pulling a big boat and trailer.It's got plenty of power. maybe to much.

Quick Reply: ThunderRoad Edition...No Badge