3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tire warranty

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 03:00 AM
marv02
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tire warranty

I just purchased this 2006 Dodge 1500 2 week ago and have 500 miles on it I was looking at the tires and they have dry rot around the rim area all 4 tires Do you think they will replace them under warranty.

It a brand new truck I think they would my wife saids I should of looked the truck harder before I purchased it, She saids they will not replaced them I told her depends how far I push the matter I dont like beening a jerk but it is a new truck.

What do you think the dealer will do for me I going to take the truck back after work tuesday.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:09 AM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Tire warranty

That's going to be a judgement call on the part of your dealer. (Ya need to show us pics!)

Tires can show cracking on the tirewall several months after being made. It's mostly ozone damage.

If its really bad, make sure you take some pictures and get the names of the folks at the dealership. Just in case.....

Dusty

Old 08-01-2006, 04:05 AM
prerunner
Captain

Your tires are not covered under the truck warranty. There should be a seperate tire brochure with your manual. Whether or not Dodge will honor the warranty is different story. I would check the brochure and see if it gives a number to call the manufacturer of the tire.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:37 AM
marv02
Captain

Well the service manger looked at the tires and tryed to find anouther set of them in his stock but they were out of them he saids he goning to call me in a day or two and let me know what's up so far it looks like they are going to replace all four tires.

I told them if they want to up grade them to a better aftermarket wheel and tire set up I will let them Ha Ha.

Old 08-03-2006, 03:54 AM
arrowman
Professional

Remind the service manager at the dealership (as well as your salesman and finance guy!) that you haven't yet filed the survey that DCX sends out, and your response will be HEAVILY SWAYED by how they handle your tire issue.

I guarantee that will result in you getting new rubber. They live and die at times based on the survey results.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:06 PM
dodgedlr
Veteran

ORIGINAL: arrowman

Remind the service manager at the dealership (as well as your salesman and finance guy!) that you haven't yet filed the survey that DCX sends out, and your response will be HEAVILY SWAYED by how they handle your tire issue.

I guarantee that will result in you getting new rubber. They live and die at times based on the survey results.
Ugg.

Again I need to point out that the dealer can't replace parts under warranty just because he feels like a nice guy.... warranty is totally up to the manufacturer.

And like said above - tires are covered by the tire manufacturers warranty, not Dodge.
Your dealer can help you out as a goodwill gesture, but in the end it is up to Michelin, Goodyear or whoever.

Old 08-03-2006, 11:19 PM
marv02
Captain

I talked to the dealer today and they are installing 4 brand new tires on Friday It was to easy no problems at all the service manger called the tire manufacture they said change them out.

So far I be almost happy with this new Dodge 1500 now if the so called 17 - 21 MPG starts to happen I be happy.

I sold my old 2002 For F250 V-8 4X4 Lifted 37 inch Tire regeared 10 MPG gas hog truck for this new truck hopping for better MPG oh yea this new truck has a V-6, 6 Speed trany.

I have good things to say about this Dodge Dealer they go the extra mile for you.

Quick Reply: Tire warranty