3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tires

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 12:23 AM
Thom W
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires

Have an '05 Ram 1500 qc hemi w/ Goodyear Wrangler HPs on 20" rims. Just wondering if any of y'all have had any trouble w/ this tire. Mostly in wet driving conditions. Boughht the truck 1 yr ago have had 2 blowouts, recently wrecked it when the tires broke free while trying to stop. Constantly wanting to spin on the white lines at red lights even with just a little gas. Just curious if its me, or are the tires that bad.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:44 AM
crcarch
Professional
Default RE: Tires

I must be one of the few who've had no problems with this tire. I'm pushing 50k and they just now need replacement. . They've worn exceedingly well and no problems in wet other than acceleration. However, Tire Rack's survey did list them poorly and I'm going to be using General's Grabber UHP for my next set of rubber.

Old 08-03-2006, 01:57 AM
arrowman
Professional

They are far from the worst tires I've driven, but also far from the best.
I tread lightly on them, then replace them with BFGoodrich products after about 40k.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:00 AM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i put 20k on mine and got rid of them. every single goodyear tire have owned has blown out or i have just not been happy with. i went back to my good ole coopers, absolutely love them. good on wet pavement, good wear pattern, no road noise. very happy with them. might look in to some coopers. the ones i have are Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus.

Old 08-03-2006, 02:19 AM
angelhemi

I really cannot say much for my tires, they came with my truck. I do not have a problem with them when It comes to street driving, except for the FACT that it is a HEMI, lots of horse power!!! They do VERY poorly in sand and mud. [:'(] My next set of tires will be BF Goodrich A/T TA. I love those tires I had them on my jeep for about 3 yrs then sold my jeep and they are still on there.

Quick Reply: Tires