3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Looking into 07' Ram

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2006, 01:54 AM
worst nightmare
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking into 07' Ram

I've had a 98' Ram that I bought on a whim from a coworker who had taken VERY good care of it at 98k miles. I now have around 5k worth of upgrades and another ~50k miles on her, still running great. I'm considering selling my baby and getting a 2007 single-cab HEMI based 1500. I have the extra funds now. Would like to just purchase something, throw some nice rims/tires, install audio system, supercharge it and be done this time for another couple years or so.

I'm looking at a 2007 model HEMI w/9.25axle/3.92 gears and standard options, auto trans.

At 8-10psi, what would I expect in terms of reliability on this expensive new truck? Should I wait until I have around 10k miles to install the supercharger? I'm looking into the GS Motorsports model supercharger. Does anyone here have this setup now? I need some advice before I jump into this...

Old 08-05-2006, 03:13 AM
schmedly
Rookie
Default RE: Looking into 07' Ram

Myself, personally I'd rather know about what audio system you are looking at. I want an '07 and got an aftermarket sytem and waqs pleased, but it's dated as I am. I don't need a subwoofer, just pure crisp, clean sound. I like my music but I don't need to shake anyone's windows.

Old 08-05-2006, 11:19 AM
Jetpig
Professional
Default RE: Looking into 07' Ram

MDS, What about the MDS with the superchargers, spray, etc? I am assuming that will have to be deactivated. I like my un-modernized 05! You can not go wrong with the Dodge though. I love my truck!