3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

AUX input on 2006 radio?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 04:14 PM
johnymauris
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AUX input on 2006 radio?

The owners manual doesn't say a thing about what you can use the Radio AUX input for. Can it be used with a MP3 player and if so do you need a stereo plug to stereo plug type adapter cable?

Old 08-06-2006, 05:14 PM
derwood
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AUX input on 2006 radio?

Just use a single plug into the earphone input and the other into the AUX input. To play the MP3, push the MODE button to AUX, and control the volume with both the stereo and MP3. That's all I've used it for, so I don't know about an Ipod. The kids haven't taught me that yet!

Old 08-07-2006, 03:38 PM
saltsman

It does work with an iPod. It also works with a laptop so the kids can sit the the back seat and watch DVDs. The laptop sits on the center arm rest console thing and powers from the power port. It's a million times better than the DVD player in the ceiling and 3 or 4 times larger.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:37 PM
squat
Rookie

Anything that has a headphones jack can be pluged into the aux input (you can get a male/male audio cable just about anywhere). The one exception is if the headphones jack also includes a mic (common on cell phones, though I dunno why you'd plug yer cellphone into it), and even then you'd probably get audio but you wouldn't be able to talk back since the truck has no mic. Like saltsman I use it for dvds on a road trip for the kids. You can get a nice laptop for the $$ they want to put a dvd player in the ceiling.

Old 08-07-2006, 05:37 PM
angusdevil

Kind of a side note, I use my phone as my MP3 player in my truck all the time. Yes, the output on my phone is 3 ringed but for $10, you can buy a coupler on eBay to connect everything. If you go to the Verizon store, for $15 you can get the adapter that has a mic built into it. I leave this plugged in and I can talk on my phone through my trucks speaker system.

Quick Reply: AUX input on 2006 radio?