3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Debadging....What is it??

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:54 PM
groeder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debadging....What is it??

I've noticed that some of you talk about debadging your trucks. I'm curious as to exactly what that means. I have an idea, but I'm not 100% sure. Also, if you wouldn't mind telling...why do you do it? I'm not judging anything, I'm just curious about it. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2006, 08:00 PM
dustyloins
R.I.P. Dusty (Retired Moderator
Hall of Fame Member
Default RE: Debadging....What is it??

It's the process of removing all of the (usually plastic) pieces that are stuck to the body of your vehicle that describe it, like the word "RAM" or "DODGE"......people have their own reasons for doing so, some like the cleaner look to the vehicle. Other's, like SRT-4 owners, like to be able to sneak up on their prey...........

Dusty

Old 08-04-2006, 08:01 PM
DevilsReject
Noob Assassin

Debadging is the process in which you remove all the badging off your truck. Things like the Dodge name, 4x4 badge, decals, etc etc....

Some of us prefer the simple look minus the chrome....for some...its simply giving it their own "custom" look.....and for people like me....I like to make people wonder what I drive.....as most dont recognize that its a Stratus...

It's simple to do, and its not for everyone.

Old 08-06-2006, 02:01 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the quickest way to Debadge my truck? My truck is 4 years old, after i debadge, will the outline from the emblem remain on the paint's finish?

Old 08-06-2006, 06:16 PM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

What's the quickest way to Debadge my truck? My truck is 4 years old, after i debadge, will the outline from the emblem remain on the paint's finish?
https://dodgeforum.com/m_480032/tm.htm

i did a short write up on it

i did mine a about 3 months ago and its a 2002 and i didnt have any outlines left after i worked them out, just take your time and its looks great

Old 08-06-2006, 07:26 PM
kenihemi
All Star

I suggest that before you start, check out other trucks, espcially in you color and see what you think.

You can see most of the trucks in the avatars or just cruise through the galleries.

That'll give you an idea of what your truck will look like.

Some take off all badges, some just take of some of the badges, etc.

Its a personal thing.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:27 PM
rakkasan1012003
Rookie

I did mine when it was about a year old all I did was have it clayed and waxed and it looks better than new

Old 08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker

Fella's you still didn't tell me how to take the stuff off.. What do i do? Just peal it off? Do i use a screw driver, razor blade, or what?

Old 08-07-2006, 12:21 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: NYPANAMA42

Fella's you still didn't tell me how to take the stuff off.. What do i do? Just peal it off? Do i use a screw driver, razor blade, or what?
i havent debadged mine but i have helped people do so and with me i used fish wire and ran it down behind the letters, then after that i used goo be gone, washed the car, and used rubbing compound to eliminate the lines. It was perfect, though I did it on an 05 Subaru STi. Good Luck.

Old 08-07-2006, 02:14 AM
eatsleepdrivesc
Veteran

here's my post from an old write up i did

well i have done it and it looks great i will put some pics up but it wasn't a difficult thing to me just a time consuming thing to do, because i know when i rush i will mess something up so i know just to take my time and do it right. the way i did it was with a hairdryer some fishing wire some turtlewax bug and tar remover and a sticker remover for the auto store

the way i did was heat the badge up for like a minute then take the fishing wire behind the badge and do the sawing motion if it gets tough just re heat it again. then you have to deal with the adhesive i used the hair dryer to heat it up again and roll with your thumbs and fingers that will take sometime. your usually left with some left over residue and some shadowing. to remove the adhesive thats their use the sticker remover and use a cloth to rub it off then after the adhesive is gone usually and dark ring is left around where the badge was this is where you use the bug and tar remover and rub it in circles to remove the slight shadowing and then when all done give the truck a good wax and your ready to go!!