3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

IPod/Factory Radio Hook up

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 03:18 AM
04ramminator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IPod/Factory Radio Hook up

"USA SPEC Auxiliary Interface" One of my friends bought one of these for his 01 Cobra. It says cannot work with in dash changer. It worked on his stang so i was wondering if it will do the same for my ram. i have the Infinity Audio 7 spkr system with 6 disc in dash. any help would be apprieciated.

Old 08-10-2006, 04:47 AM
angusdevil
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: IPod/Factory Radio Hook up

According to the USA SPEC site, it seems like you have to disconnect your CD changer in order to use this. I assume you want to use this along with your CD changer? It may also be an issue with the Infinity 7 speaker system not being on a 10 pin harness. I believe its something like a 18 or 22 pin harness with only like 14 of them being used. Take a look at http://www.hemitruckclub.com and download the manuals for the 04. They have all of the wiring harnesses for all of the radio and speaker systems for your truck.

My suggestion (although, the quality is not the same) is to use a tape deck (if your truck has it) to run everything. I use that on my truck and it works but the sound quality is not the same. I think the average person would not notice the difference but if you are really concerned about sound quality, I would not suggest this route. Another route is the Belkin FM transmitters. Again, a loss in quality but a little better for iPods. One last possibility is actually going through the antanea and splicing something inbetween there. None of these are going to give you the same quality as a direct connection but they will be quick fixes.

Quick Reply: IPod/Factory Radio Hook up