3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

**UPDATE***some pics of my car accident, dodge ram daytona

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 01:20 PM
turbot_bird
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: some pics of my car accident, dodge ram daytona

when my 2nd gen was hit by a guy speeding he hit me in the front passenger side, took the nose off of the truck moved the front axle a foot to the drivers side and turned the truck 90 degrees and put it over a curb and in the grass. the insuranse told me "there is no way to prove he was speeding". even though the speed limit was 40mph. the cop put on the report that he was going 30. I dont think that at 30mph it would have done that much damage and total my truck.

Old 08-30-2006, 11:10 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: truckin151

so heres an update

my insurance company is still holding back on any info and they have now hired an indpendent adjuster...whatever that means...on top of that...the fellow they hired to do the appraisel on the truck failed to show up and later called he will meet me on Monday...a full week after the accident...i also learned that the driver of the minivan has said that she was trying to go through a yellow light...which in turn may hurt me since i said i was turning on a yellow, after traffic in one opposing lane came to a full stop (its a matter of 2 seconds if the light may have changed to red)....im hoping that the witness that told me on the scene he saw her go through on a red will save me now..on top of which im hoping the police and insurance companies will consider how fast she was going trying beat the light while other traffic was able to stop for it....her van totaled and spun around a full size truck..while at the same time her momentum kept her going straight
Im a little bit comfused now, which lane were you in when you tried to make the left hand turn? Were you and the mini van going head on when it hit you? If that is the case then if the light was indeed red when you turned and when she went through you have nothing to worry about however if it was yellow when you turned and the mini van entered the intersection then your SOL sorry to say. Dont get me wrong Id fight it to the bitter end if I was in your shoes and Id back you up but now your talking fractions of a second so the stories would very. This is why I always wait for everyone to stop before I turn in situations like this cause somepeople will try to beat the light. I hope it all works out in your favor man.

^maybe that will help LOL

my travelpath in red...the minivan in black........theres two left turning lanes...i was in the far right one.....pulled into the intersection with a green light....sat in the intersection waiting for opposing traffic to stop......light turned yellow...traffic in the opposing lane comes to a full stop...i glance at there light and its red and i proceed to move across the intersection....minivan races into the intersection and collides with the truck

blue X....where i was sitting and waiting to go through

black X....where accident happened

pink X...where truck ended up after hit

brown X....where minivan ended up after hit

Old 08-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: turbot_bird

when my 2nd gen was hit by a guy speeding he hit me in the front passenger side, took the nose off of the truck moved the front axle a foot to the drivers side and turned the truck 90 degrees and put it over a curb and in the grass. the insuranse told me "there is no way to prove he was speeding". even though the speed limit was 40mph. the cop put on the report that he was going 30. I dont think that at 30mph it would have done that much damage and total my truck.
it just amazes me how some of these people have become cops.......its basic physics.....full size pick ups getting torn apart....gee golly...the other guy couldnt be going tha fast

my cop had the nerve to say that the minivan went through to green light (according to some witness...other witnesses and the initial police comments, and the newspaper article say it was red)......if it was green for arguement sake...traffic wouldnt have stopped completly in one lane lol

either way...its going to court and i got an up hill battle.....still no word if my truck will be fixed.....2nd day in the shop getting stripped down =(

Old 08-30-2006, 11:53 PM
Beazer
Rookie

In some states if you were sitting in the intersection like the diagram shows, you are as much at fault as the other driver. He ran a red light, but so did you because you aren't supposed to be in the intersection unless you can fully clear it before the lights change. Where I live, South Carolina, you are not only encouraged to move into the intersection as you did, but you are , once your light turns red, obligated to and have the right of way to clear it before any other traffic, regardless of light changes, is allowed to enter the intersection. And by the way, that truck is beautiful, sorry to see it like that.

On a light note, your area needs some new ambulances, the cab of the one in the newspaper pic is from a former International Coke twelve bay delivery truck.

Old 08-31-2006, 03:38 AM
finny
All Star

it almost makes me cry looking at a peice of art like that broken.

Old 08-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: Beazer

In some states if you were sitting in the intersection like the diagram shows, you are as much at fault as the other driver. He ran a red light, but so did you because you aren't supposed to be in the intersection unless you can fully clear it before the lights change. Where I live, South Carolina, you are not only encouraged to move into the intersection as you did, but you are , once your light turns red, obligated to and have the right of way to clear it before any other traffic, regardless of light changes, is allowed to enter the intersection. And by the way, that truck is beautiful, sorry to see it like that.

On a light note, your area needs some new ambulances, the cab of the one in the newspaper pic is from a former International Coke twelve bay delivery truck.

i sat through a green, yellow, and finnaly moved on a red light....i had entered the intersection right has it went from green arrow to green solid...and decided to wait (drivers here are very jumpy)........my insurance adjuster said i had the right to clear the intersection......i would have been happy with 50/50...and then let the insurance companies battle it out....im just pissed that i got charged while the women whos minivan teared through a full size truck like butter on a red light got off the hook....thats just messed up lol

i wouldnt be surprised if the ambulances were that old ...but i believe the truck in the back ground was a fire rescue truck....the four ambulances that showed up were all ford cube vans

Old 08-31-2006, 12:38 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: finny

it almost makes me cry looking at a peice of art like that broken.
i just hope the appraiser sees it that way =(

Old 09-01-2006, 12:12 AM
Cunard

finally some good news....the truck has been getting stripped down for the past two days......just got a look at it today....cab, box and pretty much every thing else other then the tires,engine, tranny have been removed...its actually weird looking at it...anyways...the verdict so far is it can be fixed...the frame will go onto a electronic frame machine (dont know the machine name) on tuesday which will tell how out of shape the frame is......the estimates right now are at around $27,000 in damages.....and the truck would be in the shop for about 3 weeks after the parts come in from Chyrsler.....so if all goes fell...i'll have my baby back in the driveway in about 5 weeks give or a take a few days =)

will keep u guys posted with pics and info =)

Old 09-01-2006, 12:31 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Thats good news. I knew they wouldn't total it the cost to repair the damage must have been less than the cost to total it and pay you off. Hows the "Ticket Fighting" going though? Has the mini van finally admitted that they caused it yet?

Old 09-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: truckin151

Thats good news. I knew they wouldn't total it the cost to repair the damage must have been less than the cost to total it and pay you off. Hows the "Ticket Fighting" going though? Has the mini van finally admitted that they caused it yet?
nah...i havnt heard anything from what the minivan has said......it will end up in court and im hoping i will win that =)

first court date is Oct 19, 06...im going to plead noth guilty and fight the ticket...once i win that stage...the rest will fall in place with the inusurance companies.....and the end of the day though...i walked away unharmed from the accident....and my truck will back in the driveway...the rest will be icing on the cake =)

Quick Reply: **UPDATE***some pics of my car accident, dodge ram daytona