3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Airaid Cold Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006, 08:17 PM
jrsdoc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airaid Cold Air Intake

I was looking on ebay and summitracing.com and found the airaid cold air intakes at a reasonable price. There is the quick fit series which runs right around 200$ and one with the modular intake tube which runs 289$. Is there a big difference in sound and performance between the two kits? I am just wondering if you get similar results without the MIT, and just using what is stock. Thanks!

Old 08-31-2006, 12:00 PM
boyd98
Veteran
Default RE: Airaid Cold Air Intake

Waste of money - i bought mine for 356$ from local performance shop; i wouldnt pay 100$ after seeing the difference.

Old 08-31-2006, 10:47 PM
Hemi_Chris
Professional

I wouldn't say it's a waste of money unless a CAI is the only mod you plan to make. If a good CAI like the Air Raid is combined with a free-flowing aftermarket exhaust setup, a low-restriction air filter, a hopped up chip running 92 octane and possibly a 4.56 gear out back, our RAMs can be made into potentially (stock) Mustang GT killers.

You can't expect just a single mod to do any good.

Oh, and to answer the original question, I think the Air Raid combined with the stock air filter box is kind of self-defeating. Get the tube with it if you can afford it to improve the intake air flow.

Old 09-01-2006, 04:33 PM
shoedork
Professional

Mopar CAI in my opion, don't waste your time with the Airaid system, had one before and was not pleased with it.

Quick Reply: Airaid Cold Air Intake