3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any thoughts picking out throttle body spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 05:11 PM
MrSig9MM226
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any thoughts picking out throttle body spacers?

Hi All,

I am looking at buying an air raid intake system for my 2004 1500(hemi), never bought a throttle body space before. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Old 09-01-2006, 05:14 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker
Default RE: Any thoughts picking out throttle body spacers?

Well, if your truck was carb'd, it might be a good idea, but with EFI directly into the engine, how does it make a difference? It doesn't really. They only thing it will do is lighten your wallet and make an annoying whistling sound.

FWIW, if you do a search, you'll see the same response over and over.

*Edit*

I also forgot to mention [sm=welcomesign.gif] to DF and a nive choice of side arm

Old 09-01-2006, 05:18 PM
shoedork
Professional

Ican't really say i am fan for any of the Air Aid systems. The mopar or aem cai i like, as for a TB spacer the power aid spacer has the threaded design wich gives you a whistley swoosh noise that sounds really cool but as for performance gains they say it gives you better mpg and horse but i didn't really notice any when i had it on my previous truck.

Old 09-01-2006, 05:26 PM
MrSig9MM226

Do you have an recommendations on choice of air intake? Thank you for the sidearm compliment

Old 09-01-2006, 05:33 PM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

As far as I know, they are all about the same. It depends on how you want it to look. If it is a 4.7L motor, AIRRAM has a set up that he has dyno'd that produce more HP than others. Just look up his name or go to his site.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:22 PM
shoedork
Professional

I had the Volant CAI for 2 weeks and got rid of it, it looks really nice and clean installed but almost felt like i lost power. Then i bought the Mopar CAI and instantley loved it, a nice deep throaty sound, noticable improvement on throttle response, gave my exhaust a differant tone wich sounds really nice..... oh and of corse it is a Mopar licened part but from what I hear AEM designed this intake. The Mopar CAI does come with a TB spacer, not threaded like the Power Aid so you don't get the whistley noise that some love and some hate, I personally liked it but thats me. If you do decide to go with this one don't get through the dealership they will charge you around 320-360 for it, you can get in the high 200's from a couple of websites i don't remember wich but i found them on google and yahoo. I had the Air Aid intake on my previous truck and it was ok but nothing really special.

Quick Reply: Any thoughts picking out throttle body spacers?