3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to get the Smoothest Ride Possible?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 05:14 AM
marv02
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How to get the Smoothest Ride Possible?

Try some velvet ride shackles some time you can find them on E-Bay Dana use to make them before they stopped making them Dirveline speicalties purcashed the patten I think and there a waittng list of pepole that want them.

Like I said some times you see them on E-Bay as in some company purchased the last of them and trying to get ride of them some are in a NAPA package.

When I had my 4X4 3/4 truck lifted with velvet rides and Bilstein shocks it made a night and day change I looking for a set my self for my Ram 1500 2006.

Or you can try a full air ride rear supention that give you a great ride THE FULL SYSTEM that removes the rear leaf springs and put in a link type rear supention system there like $2500.00 but they sure are cool.

Old 09-02-2006, 06:54 AM
avengerdude27
Rookie

its a truck they werent designed to ride like a car

Old 09-02-2006, 04:47 PM
marv02
Captain

avengerdude27 you are right trucks werent DESIGNED to ride like a car but the thread was how to get how to get there truck to ride smouth with air bag system or velvet ride he or she can keep there hauling weight as much or more than stock and have a smouth ride.

With this systems you will have a nice riding truck.

When I had my 3/4 ton 4X4 it use to beat you to death when you have straight axle trucks with leaf spring supention driving down CA freeway systems you want a smouther ride my wife hated the 3/4 ton untill I changed of the shackels she still said it rode ruff for her but at least she would ride in the truck after the velvet ride shackles,
Ford F-250 SD 6.5 inch lift, Bilstein shocks, 37-13.50-18 M/T ATZ tires it was a great truck but with the price of gas it had to go by by.

My 2006 Ram 1500 QC 4X2 rides great for me but it can be better love the MPG ,

Quick Reply: How to get the Smoothest Ride Possible?