3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 11:46 PM
Mystro
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Window tint

In Pa. the local state police makes alot of money giving out tickets for front window tints. It not worth the risk IMO.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:54 AM
GotHemi?
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tinted the fronts on my R/C and it looks great. It was 60 bucks for both windows and when I get pulled over I tell the cop that my wife got it done as a surprise birthday gift and I didn't have the heart to tell her it was illigal in Illinois. Works everytime...knock on wood. I love it so much I would take a couple of tickets before I contemplated peeling it off. It is most appreciated at night when the person behind you has a headlamp out of alighnment and the tint cuts the glare off the side mirrors from shining in my eyes.

Old 09-06-2006, 05:59 AM
dirtydodge02
Banned

I dunno about where you guys live, but here, it's an acceptable defense that "the vehicle came with it" to avoid a ticket. That, of course, being if the vehicle did, in fact, come with it.

Old 09-08-2006, 11:30 AM
motorhead426
All Star

ORIGINAL: kvsmith2004

I have the factory window tint on the 2 back doors and the rear window. I am looking into getting them darker. Do they have to take the oem tint off or just put another sheet over it?

Just an FYI, the factory tint is not a film, but a rather a stain. The tint is in the glass, and not something they add.

Quick Reply: Window tint