3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

"Hemi Tick"

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 02:07 AM
Hemitough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Hemi Tick"

So i took my 03 hemi into the dealership for what sounded like and exhaust leak on the passeger side. but it was up by the engine and they had it for 2 days and said nothing was wrong with it. and its really annoying because i have flowmaster 10 series one chamber and up next to a car or wall all i can hear is that leak sound. If thats how dodge makes there hemi's that really pisses me off.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:01 PM
HEMINATE
Default RE: "Hemi Tick"

My dad took his 05 hemi in for the same "ticking" noise and they said that's just how they are supposed to sound, I just brought a 04 and it has a louder exaust but you can hear the same ticking.

Old 09-18-2006, 07:09 PM
Hemitough
Default RE: "Hemi Tick"

That sucks cause im tired of it.. im sellin my truck and getin a 4 wheel drive. not just because of the ticking but thats one of them.. i heard if you run a heavier weight motor oil it quiets it down alittle.

Quick Reply: "Hemi Tick"