3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Tonneau question

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 01:38 AM
Smirch
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonneau question

Hi guys,

I was thinking about getting a tonneau since I'm going to be ditching the canopy that came with my truck, but I was hoping to get some input from the great minds at dodgeforum.com before plunking down the cheddar. I would ideally like to spend no more than $700 on it; gotta be solid, and it has to be lockable/weather resistant. Although I like the look of a one piece fiberglass tonneau I need to be able to load tall objects so gotta go retractable/folding.

I was thinking about getting a Pace Edwards retractable since it's reasonably priced and I can't really see any difference between the low end and high end models outside of automatic opening etc. Are there certain materials I should look out for or any features that could make or break a retractable tonneau? Has anyone heard bad things about Pace Edwards' products?

The other option is going for a foldable hard tonneau but I have some reservations since I've heard about leakage and crappy security of these. Does anyone have a hard folding tonneau that is top notch and worth bragging about?

Finally, does anyone have the folding Mopar tonneau? I was thinking about grabbing one of those but there aren't any dealers in my state with the item in stock presently so it would be a guessing game.

I've been shopping at a few sites, but if anyone knows of a good site to check out please give me a shout. I've been checking out covers at:

Stylin' Concepts
TonnoCover.com
Autobahn Wholesale

Quick Reply: Tonneau question