3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

RAM vs F150

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 01:43 AM
HighDuke1911
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RAM vs F150

well... i think he asked how the trucks compare... not which one to buy

Old 09-23-2006, 01:13 PM
brianas
Professional

i can offer an unbiased 2 cents as well as I just did the shop and compare on the 2 and I still
own a ford truck. comparing specs to specs and options to options these 2 are so very close it almost
was not even part of my decision making process. What I personally notice- the dodge rides much softer,
has very light duty suspension. the ford rides stiffer has higher payload. I already have a heavy duty truck so dodge won this aspect.
the dodge (with 5.7) has more HP is quicker and more fun as a daily driver-passenger vehicle. the ford has less hp but has a
broader TQ band more suited for hauling and towing- not seat of the pants fun but good for working. again I already have a work truck so for me dodge won again. Some other minor things that swayed me was the dodge had a 5speed auto which seems to have the advantage over fords 4speed auto-- and perhaps unverified at this time, the mds on the hemi motor , to potentialy achieve
better gas mileage than the ford.
g/l
Josh

Old 09-23-2006, 03:38 PM
twoshots

I had an'02 SC 4x4 before this truck. Superchips, Magnaflow ct/back, air force one cai, 265x75x16 xtx tires.

Ford was more comfortable in the front seat. (never sat in the back.)

Hemi will blow away the 5.4 Triton even with the chip, magnaflow and cai.

Ford held to the road better and rode better.

Ford bed sucked. Couldn't even laydown in it!!!!!

Rm is better looking by far.

Ram gets way better gas mileage except when towing my boat.

Flowmaster 40 way better than Magnaflow. Sound is way richer.

Ram governer SUCKS!!!!!

MHO!

Quick Reply: RAM vs F150