3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:11 AM
motorider228
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords

ORIGINAL: crashedcdo

i may be new here. and maybe everyone will hate me or flame me for saying this. BUT that is the most ignorant comment i have seen on here since i have been a member.. my 2 cents..
whos comment? the one who started the thread?

edit: nevermind I saw who you are replying too.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:48 AM
nos4fuel
Veteran

ORIGINAL: motorider228

you two both have valid but are definitly mistaken when you say ALL you see is fords at construction sites. now my girlfriends dad runs a saw on multiple construction sites and he drives a ford but i know alot of people who drive 4x4 cummins for their work trucks. I have 2 friends who are brothers and their dad owns a company that builds log cabins in the sierra nevadas. he drives an 05 ram 3500 dually 4x4, his oldest son drives a 1996 4x4 cummins that runs 12's in the 1/4 (just wanted to toss that in) their next son down who is 18 drives a 1991 4x4 cummins and their mom drives a 2005 jeep cherokee, so it's all mopar for that construction family so saying that they ALL drive fords is an incorrect statement considering many do drive cummins and duramax.

also, the arguement about adding whatever weight to the hemi and all that b.s. is stupid, it's like the arguement idiots bring up when they say "well my hemi would beat a lightning IF i had a supercharger" the fact of the matter is our hemis do infact weigh less and with that they will beat a stock f250. there is no rationalizing to it because if we are going to do that i could go off on a huge ignorant tangent of "what ifs". I don't care if people bash ford, chevy, dodge or any of them, that's their own personal choice but it's just very childish. I drive a hemi ram but in my personal opinion a built cummins would spank anything on the road so to me diesel is just better all around.
gotta agree about contractors and Dodge. My dad owns an electrical contracting firm and only buys Chevys but thats because they offer the best leashing options but the rest of the contractors that buy their own trucks wont drive anything except Cummins rams. They're all they ever want to drive.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:15 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: HemiBuell

ORIGINAL: cyclone429

Stupid Fords ??? get real, I'm the first to admit I'm not a ford fan, but your not talking sense, add 10,000 lbs to your hemi and add 15,000 to the power stroke than go racing, the power stroke will beat you sense less..

I agree. I really hate Ford bashing. Toyota and Nissan bash away.

Go to any construction site and check out people who actually use there trucks for work everyday. Not a single Dodge, couple of Chevy's, the majority are Fords. Every plow truck in Massachusetts is a SuperDuty.

Now observe every young person who needs a truck to haul a dirtbike or boat on the weekends, like me, drives a Dodge. Cheapest of the big three truck options.

That's the way it is around here anyway. Kind of a weird pattern. My father, builds houses and drives a Ford, pointed it out and I notice it all the time now.

The pattern is totally disrupted when you look at the people who restore a truck for daily or work use, which I did before my Dodge. 80's Chevy's win hands down because of the length of production and amount of available parts. You can restore a 1 ton 80's chevy pickup with a new motor and trans and rebuilt everything else for around $5000.

Did you two even read the post before you went on your little rants? First off I am not denying that an f250 with a pwerstroke diesel can tow more than I can but that IS NOT THE POINT HERE! No where in the entire post did I say we were towing anything or locking bumpers cause he'd pull me down the road with ease but instead He initiated the race on an empty road wanting a light to light race and I spanked him like a little girl on prom night. And dont even think that I didn't give it any respect, out of all the fords trucks out on the road the only ones that I have any respect for are the SVT's and the diesels, why do you think the very first line of the post said I didn't expect to win. I always though they had more power than what I had but I underestimated my truck in this case/senerio. As for the stupid ford comment it is true! Every single Ford I have gone up against around here (minus an SVT which I didn't know it was at the time) I have beat! On any given day driving home I usually get at least one or two F150's that pull up next to me and start reving and I answer and beat them every time, so YES they are stupid Fords.

Also on another note this post is not about what truks are on construction sites, its about racing. A big truck with a big diesel engine vs a small truck with a "puny little HEMI" as the F250's driver put it. Also if you do want to start in with what you see on construction sites the most then fine, I work at an engineering firm who deals alot with construction companies around the entire state of arizona, and yes the most common truck is a ford, however these are the pee-ons not the main contracors or formen and they are aslo the cheapest fleet vehicle around here that you can buy and that is with the bare minimum of comfort features. Most only have A/C and the smallest engine they make for the truck. Does that make them a better turck.... NO! Does that have anything to do with this post...NO! [sm=icon_beat.gif]

Old 09-29-2006, 01:40 PM
raidermike67
Veteran

I'd suggest EXTREME CAUTION In this kind of behavior on surface (city) streets. 70 MPH between stop lights is not exactly the safest behavior in the world. It only takes ONE second for something very bad to happen.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:19 PM
damquick1
Veteran

Yada Yada Yada,
as I've always said in the past...hook 'em up bumper to bumper, front or rear and see who'll pull/push who around the parking lot, that will settle it. I'll be happy to sit and drink a cold beer and watch. I wish I had half the money that I paid for my truck to **** away every time I was racing and had to "fix" something afterwards, or had to buy tires due to doing"burnouts" to prove how powerful my vehicle is, or to buy gas cause I drove like an idiot, or the time to argue over this senseless B.S. Whatever happened to the good old folks with common sense and a time when none of this crap mattered?

Old 09-29-2006, 02:25 PM
02ram

wow. how old are you guys in here?

Old 09-29-2006, 03:23 PM
nathanp
Captain

hey well congrads on winning your races and stuff. But, its kinda obvious that you would win. I mean take the weight of that f250 superduty agains the wieght of your half ton. Plus those diesels arent made for racing, ive driven a powerstroke before and unless it has a 6-speed in it, those automatic trannys arent the quickest shifting. So i mean without even seeing a race id say you should have no problem at all beating a powerstroke. Just my .02 anyways.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: damquick1

Yada Yada Yada,
as I've always said in the past...hook 'em up bumper to bumper, front or rear and see who'll pull/push who around the parking lot, that will settle it. I'll be happy to sit and drink a cold beer and watch. I wish I had half the money that I paid for my truck to **** away every time I was racing and had to "fix" something afterwards, or had to buy tires due to doing"burnouts" to prove how powerful my vehicle is, or to buy gas cause I drove like an idiot, or the time to argue over this senseless B.S. Whatever happened to the good old folks with common sense and a time when none of this crap mattered?
That doesn't settle anything at all. That just shows who has more torque and has nothing to do with anything and will probably end up causing more damage to your truck than racing would. And the good old folks? Give me a break you'ld have to go back to the early 40's - 50s to find people like that. Every generation Since has grown up in some sort of era being the Muscle Car Era or now days the Super Car Era. Plus you even said you did it at one point yourself. Hell my grandpa even did when he was younger and he's 81 now.

Old 09-29-2006, 04:56 PM
YeahItsAHemi345
Record Breaker

Gosh...this is why I took my business elsewhere. You guys are bashing our own kind. We are Dodge owners...We own the best looking, best handling and fastest non-boosted trucks out right now. Have some fuggin pride and respect.

As for racing trucks...it makes perfect sense. If you wanna race a rx7, Neon, Civic...whatever! Anything can be made fast (end of story). BTW, I'll be waiting at the finish line when your Wenkel blows.

And for my conclusion...good kill! You make me proud. [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 09-29-2006, 09:09 PM
damquick1
Veteran

Yeah,... but the idea of racing a superduty diesel against a hemi is ridiculous in the fisrt place, yeah I know, he started the whole thing. It's like comparing an apple pie to a lemon pie...it just aint the same, my intent her is.... yeah you should have beaten him, but his truck is designed for a completly different thing, i.e. the hook your bumpers up and see who brags after that challenge....common knowledge here the superduty ain't designed as a pavement pounder its a workhorse designed with torque and towing/payload capacity in mind. Dump 1/2 ton of gravel in both then race....you'll be singing a different tune I promise. Yep your right every generation has had the gearheads and yes I was one and in fact I still am, but the last thing I'm doing is taking my 30K truck out racing and reaching speeds up to 70 MPH on city or hwy roads wher I know that if I have to it'll take 130ft to stop it at 60 MPH...I've outgrown it.

Quick Reply: I BEAT HIM!!!! Stupid Fords