3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2005 Ram 1500 Run Door Speaker Wire??

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 PM
N3Al10
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Ram 1500 Run Door Speaker Wire??

I am doing an install on 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Cab.

I have amps installed and powered, alpine 9830 installed and running.

My problem is the door speakers. What is the best way to run wire from the door speaks to the amp.

The issue I am trying to get around is the factory harness that connects the body to all the doors is actually a plug then there is the rubber grommet that protects the wires from the harness.

I haven't figured out how I am going to get around this factory harness plug, maybe someone else already has....

Old 10-02-2006, 06:00 PM
angusdevil
Default RE: 2005 Ram 1500 Run Door Speaker Wire??

Depends on which speakers you are talkin about. If you are working on the front door speakers, just figure out the color of the wire and trace it back under the dash. That can be a tight squeeze but is an easy job. It is MUCH easier to do for the rear door speakers. Again, just find the speaker wire color and trace it down the B pillar to the floor and take off the all the paneling and there will be a bunch of wires (15 or so) and just find the wire and splice right into it. Much easier than running wires all the way to the speaker. After that, depending on where your amp is located at, just run the wires under the stepguards and your finished. I did my rear door speakers about 6 months ago and I spliced the wires for both in about 20 minutes.

Old 10-03-2006, 01:02 PM
Daytona#4595
Amateur
Default RE: 2005 Ram 1500 Run Door Speaker Wire??

I was able to run all new wires to all four door speakers leaving the factory wiring intact. The factory has plastic connectors that snap into the door and pillar with rubber boots around them.
1. pop the connectors looseand use duct tape to hold them and the wire loom up and out of your way.
2. IF you look at the connectors there are a couple of areas that dont have wires on the bottom.
3. I used a dremmel tool with a tapered carbide bit and made a small U in the connector so the wire could sit on the edge of the connector. I also made a little it of a u in the door and pillar to make sure the wire had plenty of room. I touched up the metal with touchup paint. You cant see this, but I dont want any rusting later in life.
4. feed the new wire through the pillar, then through the rubber boot and to the speaker.
5. remeber to tape up or zipt tie the old speaker loom inside your door so it won't rattle.
6. Ziptie the new wire inside your door to make sure it wont get caught in your window.
7. push the plastic connecotrs back into place and put the rubber boots back on the connectors.

I have a 2005 Quad cab. I put two huge 600 Watt amps behind the L rear seat. and have the (2) G5 10" subs under the rear seats.
Indash Alpine DVD that has the adaper to utilize the Steering Wheel Stereo controls, Ipod Connector and SIRUS.
This Truck Rocks

Quick Reply: 2005 Ram 1500 Run Door Speaker Wire??