3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

regular truck, thunder road and big horn.

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006 | 01:14 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain
Default RE: regular truck, thunder road and big horn.

Mine has lot's of chrome, 17 inch wheels ,heavy duty shocks,positraction rear. lot's of power. I had my truck dino checked and it produced 390 HP at the motor with the transmission in tow mode. instead of 345 hp standard with the Hemi.It 's a 4x4 Quad cab 04 two tone paint.tow package. And a sliding rear window. a short bed. .Tinted glass. It's molton red and silver. ...Even the grille is chrome.

Old 10-04-2006 | 12:39 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: Silver Eagle
I had my truck dino checked and it produced 390 HP at the motor with the transmission in tow mode. instead of 345 hp standard with the Hemi.
Im really doubting that its showing 390 at the motor stock. Plus if you were just checking the engine HP the transmission would have nothing to do with what the engine is producing. I'd have to see the dyno sheet to believe this one.

Old 10-04-2006 | 03:48 PM
RUNOVRYOU
Rookie

ORIGINAL: truckin151

ORIGINAL: Silver Eagle
I had my truck dino checked and it produced 390 HP at the motor with the transmission in tow mode. instead of 345 hp standard with the Hemi.
Im really doubting that its showing 390 at the motor stock. Plus if you were just checking the engine HP the transmission would have nothing to do with what the engine is producing. I'd have to see the dyno sheet to believe this one.

X2

Old 10-04-2006 | 10:08 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

The Dyno guy at first wouldn't do my truck.He said that with overdrive the engine would cut out when it went into OD. that's why I had him use the tow gear, no up shift. The truck has a set of Duals Flowmaster 40's and a Air firce one air intake .Other then that it's stock. And that's the fact's.He ran the test twice. Both times it came out 390Hp at the motor. This baby is fast and boy will it tow my boat.

Old 10-05-2006 | 01:42 AM
Nicky B
Captain

If your truck really is making 390HP then you have a true example of a factory FREAK.

Old 10-05-2006 | 02:57 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain

If you don't believe it that's to bad .I have no reason to streack the truth .So all I can say is, so what. I'll be off the forum for a long weekend,I'm taking my 01 custumized PT Cruiser to Endless Summer in Ocean City MD. Out of five years running I've won first place three times .That's in a class of 1990 and above in the all Chrysler division. Yes boy's and Girls that includes Dodges. This year they expect 2,000 street rods and a few PT's. Dodge trucks are welcome but you have to be already signed up. So far I've won 45 trophys with the PT and only one with the Dodge.The Cruiser is known as the Silver Eagle and it is known all around the counrty in the PT Cruiser world. Just for general information I have two PT Cruiser's, the latest one is a n 06 Marine Blue Convertible. with 18 inch wheels. I took it to one show and already have won a trophy with it. Once the truck gets out of the Body shop.I will start showing it as well. New paint scheme...

Old 10-05-2006 | 03:31 AM
tamuccmike
Veteran

Well whooptie doo.... and the 390 HP thing??? please son, please... i have a 1966 VW rabbit that is pure stock pushing 402 HP...sound ridiculous? that's because it is...

Old 10-05-2006 | 12:55 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Ok first off your truck is not stock so posting a comment it like you were pretending it was in a post that was made to find out what these packages include stock is kind of idiotic and very miss leading. Secondly, eventhough I'd much rather see the dyno sheet before I can truely believe your claim of 390hp at the engine, I'll give you then beifit of the doubt, however what did they say your rear wheel horse power was? I'm guessing maybe 270-280 considering the mods you listed will only add maybe 10hp +/- to the rear wheels.

Old 10-05-2006 | 02:51 PM
prerunner
Captain

wow..this thread got hyjacked!!!!

Old 10-05-2006 | 03:53 PM
TexasAxMan

According to the guys on the DodgeTalk forum, Big Horn, Lone Star and Thunder Road are all the same thing with different names. Supposedly, the Lone Stars were for Texas, Big Horn on the west coast and Thunder Road on the east coast. I cannot state this as fact, but I got the info from a pretty reliable source.

As far as 390 HP at the flywheel, no way. First of all, you can't get flywheel horsepower with a transmission mounted. Just by the fact that you say it was done with OD off tells me that the transmission was part of the equation. And if you're saying 390 HP at the rear wheels, something is definitely amiss for a stocker. More like 285, assuming 18% drivetrain loss (which may not be accurate either).

Quick Reply: regular truck, thunder road and big horn.