3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

"Lamp Out"

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 08:34 PM
Hemitough
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Lamp Out"

the lamp out light pops up on my dash yesterday and i checked all my lights and nothing is out. i replaced my brake light 2 months ago twice and it went off. now its back on but no lights are out what could it be????

Old 10-08-2006, 08:40 PM
Stroker
Veteran
Default RE: "Lamp Out"

Replace your brake light again and use die electric grease on it. I had the same problem and when I posted the question it seams it is a common problem but the grease seems to help. If it has warn too much for grease to fix then you will have to replace the entire board ($20 part I think). The problem is a result of vibration causing a poor conection, the light might work but it is not flowing enough juice to keep the warning light off.

Old 10-09-2006, 02:12 AM
1baddodge
Professional
Default RE: "Lamp Out"

I had the same problem myself and what it turned out to be was that stupid little marker bulb that sits up in the top left or right corner depending on your tail light. even with my lights off if I hit the brake or my turn signal(on the left side) my turnsignal would flash fast and my lamp out would chime. Annoying bastard that it is. Anyway I cjanged all the brake bulbs and turn signal bulbs only to have still happen. Well I checked that little bulb well low and behold it was out. I repalced it and never a chime since. Hope this helps let us know.

[IMG]local://upfiles/41359/26096150BF844351AA046423F453F8F6.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: "Lamp Out"