3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How to adjust alarm sensitivity?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 11:47 PM
Ratters
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to adjust alarm sensitivity?

Hi All,

I lost my manual that came with the factory evs1 alarm and the thing is just too sensitive. I have to leave it off at the gun range cause the sounds of the shots sets it off. I've tried to search for an answer but came up with nothing. Any help? Thanks.

Old 10-14-2006, 11:57 AM
hemistyle
Professional
Default RE: How to adjust alarm sensitivity?

ORIGINAL: Ratters

Hi All,

I lost my manual that came with the factory evs1 alarm and the thing is just too sensitive. I have to leave it off at the gun range cause the sounds of the shots sets it off. I've tried to search for an answer but came up with nothing. Any help? Thanks.
I my self have the EVS II Alarm System
There should be a control module under the dash on the driver’s side that zip tided to the wiring harness. There a small **** on it. That’s your sensitivity setting. Turn it counter clockwise. I hope this helps. ~Kenny~

Old 10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
madman

The EVS I is programmed as followed (I wish I had a scanner that worked).

A. Open the driver's door.
B. Turn the ignition to the "on" position.
C. Press and hold the programming/override button; After 10 seconds the parking lights will flash 3 times indicating the system is now in learn mode. (mine honks the horn too)
D. Release the programming button.
E. Press and release the programming button once more; The parking lights will flash 4 times indicating the system has entered Option bank 1.

To change the shock sensor setting:

A. make sure the driver's window is rolled down.
B. Enter Option Learn Mode, Option Bank 1, as indicated above.
C. Go to option #1 for Lite-touch. (parking lights flash 1 time)
D. Close all doors (wait for domelight to turn off)
E. Press the door trim "Unlock" switch to increase sensitivity and press the door trim "Lock" switch to decrease sensitivity.
F. Test the shock sensor sensitivity (while in option learn mode) by applying an impact with an open hand to the windshield. Caution - make sure to remove articles of jewelry to avoid scratching or breaking glass. The parking lights will flash each time an impact is detected that is greater than the current setting.
G. Once the desired Lite-touch sensitivity is achieved, open a door to advance to the Full shock option by pressing the door trim "Lock" switch or, if the vehicle's door lock feeature is non-functional with the ignition turned on, press the factory keyfob "Lock" button (parking lights flash 2 times). Repeat steps D through F to set Full shock sensitivity.
H. Open a door to continue with "To change the setting of an option" on page 10 (if necessary).

I didn't include the "To change the setting of an option". If you need more let me know. I'll try to find a scanner to scan the manual. I don't wanna type the entire thing.

--Mark

Old 10-14-2006, 05:04 PM
hemistyle
Professional

That's a lot of work. I'm glad I have the EVS II.

Old 10-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Ratters

Thanks Mark, you're awesome! And yeah, it is a crazy amount of work for what should just be a ****. [&:]

Old 10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
madman

No problem Ratters. I'm going thru the same thing... mine went off at the local dealer when an airliner took off from the airport across the seat. I've got to adjust mine too. Let me know if you would like a copy of the manual. I can certainly mail you a copy.

--md

Old 10-16-2006, 03:10 AM
Ratters

Thanks Mark, but I think I got it. I gave the window a good smack and nothing. My biggest embarassment was being parked right in front of a very expensive restaurant and it went off twice, [:'(]I think from the clanking of plates but I'm not sure, but after the second time I just left the alarm off. Gladly the people sitting on the patio had a good sense of humor about it.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:01 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Wow you guys sure went through alot of work to adjust your alarms. I can relate though, My old alarm on my 05' somehow got set so that when I would shut my front door to my house it would set off the alarm when parked in the street. it would even go off when my neighbors would shut their doors too which made for some really long nights sometimes. Long story short all I had to do was drive down to my local dealership and they stuck a key with a display on it in it and turned it down right there and took about 5min to do so. My new alarm has the adjustments right on the remote and shows me on the remote's LCD display how sensitive it is. Its great because I can set it so that its so sensitive that a slight breaze will set it off to being able to jump in the bed without it going off. Its also good because if something or someone were to set my alarm off it will page my remote and show me what sensor was tripped (shock sensor on the body, window, door opened, tires jacked up, hood opened, ect.).

Old 02-20-2012, 03:40 PM
rfxcasey

Ok I've gotten my van's alarm into learning mode but where it says "C. Go to option #1 for Lite-touch. (parking lights flash 1 time)" in the instructions above I don't know how to do that or what is meant. I've tried a couple of the door controls but the lights don't flash once. If I hit the programming button again it flashs the lights 5 times. Hit it again then 6 and again back to 4 which puts me back into option bank 1 but no idea how to get to option #1. Help please.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:19 AM
Shawn Anderson
Default How do I get one of those screens?

How do I get one of those alarm screens? 2008 ram 1500.

Originally Posted by truckin151
Wow you guys sure went through alot of work to adjust your alarms. I can relate though, My old alarm on my 05' somehow got set so that when I would shut my front door to my house it would set off the alarm when parked in the street. it would even go off when my neighbors would shut their doors too which made for some really long nights sometimes. Long story short all I had to do was drive down to my local dealership and they stuck a key with a display on it in it and turned it down right there and took about 5min to do so. My new alarm has the adjustments right on the remote and shows me on the remote's LCD display how sensitive it is. Its great because I can set it so that its so sensitive that a slight breaze will set it off to being able to jump in the bed without it going off. Its also good because if something or someone were to set my alarm off it will page my remote and show me what sensor was tripped (shock sensor on the body, window, door opened, tires jacked up, hood opened, ect.).

Quick Reply: How to adjust alarm sensitivity?