3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2007 tundra.....hemi guys worried????

Old 10-18-2006, 07:29 AM
madgreek
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2007 tundra.....hemi guys worried????

who cares how fast it will be. the one thing they havent changed is the fact that your legs will still be straight out in front of you like you are in a tiny RX7 or something. I was actually looking into the tundras until I drove the Ram. My 2003 Quad cab is like a private, limo tinted, rumbling hotel room on wheels. Not to mention the over achieved power of these trucks. A little intake here - a little exhaust and some other inexpensive goodies there, and voila! you have a bad-*** comfortable truck thats so powerfull you could pull a house out of it's foundation. Toyota is no comp for Dodge.

Old 10-18-2006, 09:28 AM
sneaky
Veteran

Ehh...who cares about Toyota. Or even Nissan for that matter. I've been driving Dodge's since I started to learn how to drive (learned in a '89 Dakota). I've owned ONE Ford and after that I swore not to go with anything other than Dodge. As for performance, I drive uphill going home from work everyday. The bottom of the valley is at about 928ft elevation. My house is at about 5,000 and the climb is around 5 miles. I regularly blow past Toyotas and Nissans. I can keep my Ram at 75-80mph and everyone else falls behind.

Old 10-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Limedust
Professional

I think the brand new GMC and Toyota full size trucks will be serious competition for Dodge, Nissan, and Ford... likely better.

And then, when the next-gen Ram comes out in '08 or '09, I think they jump GM and Toyota.

It's cyclical, technology is always getting better, and the new stuff SHOULD be better, more capable, and more powerful. Ram, Nissan, and Ford seem to be close in their update schedule, and Chevy and Toyota seem to be in sync with their schedule.

Regardless, I am quite happy with what I have, and I love my truck.

Old 10-18-2006, 01:13 PM
hoopdad
Rookie

To me, Toyota is in the same category as Ford. If my 91-year-old grandmother had no sense of style, she'd drive a Ford or Toyota. (She used to drive Oldsmobiles since the 50's but that's a different story.) There's no flare. They don't appear to have an aggressive bone in their body, very simple and, when they run, just simply functional transportation.

Old 10-18-2006, 06:32 PM
bigcountry739
Rookie

ORIGINAL: nos4fuel

T...T.....T....Toyota? What is this word? I am not familiar with this....."truck". Guys, dont fret, its not about whos fastest its about who's the versatile. The Titan may be faster but in 10-15 years I know who's truck will still be on the road if I were looking between a Hemi and a Titan...I'll give you a hint, it aint the Titan. Also, so what!?! It's a Tundra....it's Japanese. I mean hell, if anything its Risoto...take away all the fancy add-ins and Risoto is still just rice. Let these Japanese manufacturers think they can run with the big dogs...when it comes to barking they can do it all day. When it comes to biting....thats where we'll win.
Couldn't have said it better myself

Old 10-18-2006, 11:05 PM
Seanutz
Veteran

Hell to the yeah Brother!!!

And ive seen many a titan get its *** handed to them down here, Where all the trucks got some kinda lift and you aint rollin if you aint got 295s or bigger. Buddy of mine just picked up a 06 Power wagon, hadnt even touched it yet Titan rolled up long side us and had the gaul to flip us off, of course i stuck my shiny white *** out the window and mooned him as is costum here in the south, and then we preceded to beat him off the line and down the road to the next light by 2 truck legnths. I love my Dodge, but i think i should have held out for a power wagon.....

Old 10-19-2006, 03:07 AM
motorider228
Champion

nahh if you should have held out for anything it should have been a cummins.

Old 10-21-2006, 11:32 AM
Seanutz
Veteran

well im still gonna get one of them, i just dont have any use for one at this present time, maybe next year or the year after when i actually am runnin my buisness, but right i got no need fo it, itd just be lookin cool and wastin fuel.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:01 PM
soulman016

The Ram looks good from pretty much any angle. Same cannot be said for a Titan, Tundra, F-150 or a Silverado. That was the final deciding factor for me.

06 Ram 1500 QC - Big Horn Edition
5.7L 4x4
Briliant Black

Old 10-21-2006, 02:28 PM
Seanutz
Veteran

Well actually i wasnt lookin for a Ram when i was lookin for my truck, i always wanted a Black 150, buut i couldnt find on for a good price, but the Red Rocket grew on me and ill never stray from Dodge. Well as far as buyin a new truck goes that is....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 tundra.....hemi guys worried????