3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Radiator protection...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 01:57 AM
jermag24
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radiator protection...

What kind of options do we have for radiator protection on Dodge Rams? I'd like to find some sort of screen to install behind the grill on my Ram, to prevent rocks from totalling my radiator. Of course, I'd like it to look good as well! ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Old 10-20-2006, 03:14 AM
reiderr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radiator protection...

I went to Lowes and purchased a roll of 1/4 inch hardwire screen and a roll of black fiberglass reinforced "pet-safe" screen mesh. I unbolted and removed the front grill--around 10 10mm nuts and really easy to do. I then cut 2 pieces of hardwire and screen. One for each side. I then laid the screen on the backside of the grill and on top of that the hardwire. I then secured both to the stock plastic grill insert with small black wire ties. Afterwards, I cut away the excess around the edges and remounted the grill. This totally eliminates the bugs, sticks, and stones in the radiator and A/C condensor. A side benefit is that it creates a nice blackout effect that hides the insides of the engine compartment from being seen through the grill. Total cost was something like $30 and 2 hours of effort.

Roger...

Quick Reply: Radiator protection...