3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical Problem ! Please HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 04:49 PM
jblasz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Problem ! Please HELP

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Hemi: Woke up today and started my truck and i had a head lamp that was out and
flashers dont work and a brake light that is not working. I replaced the headlamp and its still not working and the other bulbs seem fine. Anybody
have any idea what might be wrong? All the other lights seem to be Fine

Old 10-21-2006, 08:04 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Electrical Problem ! Please HELP

Which bulbs are out right now? (Example: driver side headlight, passenger side rear turn signal, driver side rear stop light).
What I would do is, if you have one, get out a good old mutimeter, and see if your getting voltage to the sockets. If by using the sockets connectors it doesn't get voltage, I would test the following ways: from socket positive to a known good ground (like the battery) to make sure its getting positive power; than test from the sockets ground to a known good positive (like the battery or another socket) to make sure its getting a good ground. That way you can narrow down which circuit is bad.
Try doing that and report the results back.

Quick Reply: Electrical Problem ! Please HELP