3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Question on Powerwagon from a new guy

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:22 PM
M14
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question on Powerwagon from a new guy

I'm new to this site, been watching it and finally joined. Soem questions for the 05-06 Powerwagon owners:

1st) I saw that some had trouble with the 4-wheel drive system with new trucks in that warning lights came on ragrding the locking axles and sway bar, and several were having trouble with Dodge in correcting the problem. Has this issue been resolved or are there still problems with the system and in getting repairs?

2) How tall is the truck WITH the cab lights? Specs say the truck is 80.6", but it is not clear if this includes the cab lights. Can one of you with stock tires measure the hight of your rig??

3) Recommendations on tranny - automatic or 6-speed? The six speed seems to have a great crawl ratio.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:11 PM
DCXgageman
Veteran
Default RE: Question on Powerwagon from a new guy

1) I don't know; I have had no issues with the lockers ... yet.
2) I think it's pretty darn close to accurate, I can't remember for sure but I think my garage measured 81.5" and it fits. The radio antenna does touch the weather seal, so it is actually the highest point in the truck, by a little bit, hits maybe 1/4 inch.
3) Never drove the stick, my two other cars are sticks, so it was not a "biased to auto only" decision. It was considered, but auto is what the dealer had and I've been quite happy with it. It's much better than the four speeds in my last two trucks. I'd say it's a matter of personal preference more than anything.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:50 PM
06POWERWAGON

1.) I haven't had any problems with the 4wd, lockers, sway bar, or anything else. I must say that I do love the manual 4WD lever on the transfer case, versus an electronic switch.

2.) Before I bought my PW I was concerned about it fitting in my garage. I don't remember the exact height of my truck, but it is slightly lower than the Dodge specs. (By the way, the cab lights are not higher than the middle of the roof of my quad cab.)

3.) It's all personal preference. I like the automatic in my PowerWagon, while I wouldn't give up the manual in my Z06.

Old 11-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Otis30
Rookie

1)No problems with the axle lockers or sway bar disconnect.

2)Don't know the the overall height with the lights, but it does fit in my garage, although the radio antenna does hit the rubber sealer.

3)I would have preferred the MT, but the only one I could find has the auto. Haven't had any issues with the auto, but still wish it was manual.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:52 AM
JRH_PowerWagon_06
Veteran

ORIGINAL: 06POWERWAGON
Snip...
3.) It's all personal preference. I like the automatic in my PowerWagon, while I wouldn't give up the manual in my Z06.
Agreed...
My Cobra only came with a manual. [sm=gears.gif]

Old 11-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Jimmy1
Amateur

Im having major problems with my "lockers", lights flashing the whole bit , back and forth to the dealer 6 times now ...the lights dont flash but the lockers will not engage. When I bring it in for its 5k service if they cant fix it Im going lemon law. I love my 6 speed manual the hemi loves it tooand it feels like a race car... I really dont see the logic in getting a truck like this in automatic

Quick Reply: Question on Powerwagon from a new guy