3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TRUCK TURNS OFF WITH JET CHIP NEED HELP

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 07:46 PM
H2BERNAL
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TRUCK TURNS OFF WITH JET CHIP NEED HELP

I RECENTLY PUT A JET CHIP IN MY 02 RAM 4.7 LITER. ITS THE RIGHT CHIP FOR MY TRUCK BUT FOR SOME REASON IT TURNS OFF AT STOP SIGNS AND REDLIGHTS OR WHEN I START TO SLOW DOWN. I TOOK IT OUT AND MY TRUCK IS BACK TO NORMAL. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I HAVE TO MODIFY IT SOMEHOW? I ALREADY HAVE A VOLTAN AIR INTAKE AND FLOWMASTER EXHAUST.

Old 10-26-2006, 09:08 PM
400exmkt
Default RE: TRUCK TURNS OFF WITH JET CHIP NEED HELP

I had the jet chip before i got the super chips. I took it out because it kept making the check engine light come on. I sent it back and they gave me a refund of all my money.

I just dont care for the jet.

Old 10-26-2006, 10:42 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: H2BERNAL

I RECENTLY PUT A JET CHIP IN MY 02 RAM 4.7 LITER. ITS THE RIGHT CHIP FOR MY TRUCK BUT FOR SOME REASON IT TURNS OFF AT STOP SIGNS AND REDLIGHTS OR WHEN I START TO SLOW DOWN. I TOOK IT OUT AND MY TRUCK IS BACK TO NORMAL. DOES ANYONE KNOW IF I HAVE TO MODIFY IT SOMEHOW? I ALREADY HAVE A VOLTAN AIR INTAKE AND FLOWMASTER EXHAUST.
You have it plugged into the wrong module or the chip is bad.

Old 10-27-2006, 01:42 AM
prerunner
Captain

Or u don't have it plugged in all the way. Its a pain to snap it in fully. Takes a lot of pressure.
Its even worse trying to take it off!!!!!!!! So if it just slips off....u didn't have it plugged in all the way. When i put one on my 04 i had to remove the computer to install it!!!!

Quick Reply: TRUCK TURNS OFF WITH JET CHIP NEED HELP