3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Extra ECM

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:46 PM
2ManyToys
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extra ECM

Does anyone know where I might be able to find a 2005 Ram1500 ECM and how much I could expect to pay for it? Reason I ask is that I would like to try to develop my own code to put on them. Thanks.

Old 10-27-2006, 02:02 PM
motorhead426
All Star
Default RE: Extra ECM

I think a junk yard or ebay would be your best bet. Sometimes people part out trucks on ebay, so you might find one on there. I'd like to see someone right some code for our trucks that would get rid of that stupid torque management.

Old 10-27-2006, 07:48 PM
2ManyToys
Rookie
Default RE: Extra ECM

Yeah I've been keeping my eyes open, not too many new trucks in the junk yard. A guy I work with at Siemens troubleshoots the firmwarelogic on the ecms so to speak on several makes. In talking with him he told me about a guy he works with in Michigan who write the code for the rams. Just to show the difference in coding he wrote his own that pretty much elimanted anything holding the engine back on his own ram. Granted the reliability and wear and tear on the engine have increased but he put out signifigantly more hp just in his program. I talked with him and due to the proprietaryness, he couldn't really say a whole lot.

Quick Reply: Extra ECM