3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power Steering

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Denniss66
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering

So the last thing i remember is im busting donuts in a parking lot. when im done the show i noticed i couldn't turn. so i made my way to a gas station and opened my hood and there was power steering fluid everywhere. the cap for the fluid was on right i dont know where its coming from any suggestions.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:36 PM
threesix3six
Default RE: Power Steering

I would fill it back up with PS fluid and then take a couple bottles of break clean and spray off all the PS fluid, let it dry start it up and watch for the leak. It helps if you have someone turn the wheel back and fourth. Sounds like a leak on the high pressure hose. Probably from holding the steering wheel on the locks too long while doing doughnuts. Its not good to hold it on the locks for more then a couple seconds.

Old 10-29-2006, 01:03 AM
osteodoc08
Record Breaker

It is usually the hose clamps that go bad on the Rams. Noticed more on 02 and 03 Rams for some reason....go figure.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:47 PM
Denniss66
Veteran

got the problem fixed dodge told me that a seal went inside the powersteering pump so they replaced it with a new one. i noticed that when i start the truck now its not stiff like it used to be before i blew the seal. must have been leaking before then i put too much pressure on it and it finally went.

Quick Reply: Power Steering