3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'02 1500 Quad cab (black) paint flaking off

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
sportrider24
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: '02 1500 Quad cab (black) paint flaking off

Well Chrysler denied my claim. I called the 1-800 # and the rep told me that since the waranty was up, they could do nothing. I asked to speak to his manager and he REFUSED to transfer me to anyone else. His comment was that the claim was denied by the district manager and their is no one above him to over turn that decison. I asked for the district managers #. He claimed not to have it and that my dealer could give it to me. I then called my dealership and spoke to the service manager. He said he has the district managers # but could not give it to me. GREAT !!! The man that is making the decision to NOT fix my truck is unattainable to me !!!! My dealer keeps telling me I must contact dodge, dodge tells me I must contact the district manager but they don't have a number, dealer won't give me the number. What the hell is wrong with this picture !!!!!!!!![:@] This is exactly why the big three can't hold a candle to Toyota !! It's a shame that I have my 2002 Ram & a 2003 Jeep Liberty ( both Chrysler vehicles ) and I'm being treated this way.

P.S. - I don't mean to bash the company that this forum is in dedication to. My only intention was to find out if anyone else had the same problem and how they handled it. I've only updated the original post per the request of other members.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:34 PM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

that sucks man. go to another dealer maybe and see what they could do. and get a written and signed statement by the body shop guy saying that in his opinion the paint defect was due to a something that occured in the factory. or you could just bite the bullet and go to the body shop guy that you have already spoken to and get an estimate to repaint the entire truck. knowing your plight he might give you a little break in the price area since you are being jerked around with.

Old 11-01-2006, 09:49 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Sportrider, go to the Dr. Z website. This website is based on the Dodge Commercial. At this website you can contact someone at dodge--- Here is alos the telephone number-800-992-1997--- This is the direct number to Dodge, ask for Casey. She helped me with a problem with my 02 Dodge.
Hope this helps

Old 11-01-2006, 10:50 PM
powerjunkie
Rookie

my sisters bf bought a used 02 lightning in late 02 and in 04 he started having engine problems and then one day the engine justs dies on him while he was driving it on the highway. he takes it to a ford dealer they look at it and say okay we ll order the new engine and tell u when it gets here. he had no warrenty since it was used. its not a dodge story but it involves factory stepping up. he was using cheap gas untill after that happened.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:01 PM
sportrider24

Thanks NYPANAMA42. I'll look at the Dr. Z site. The # you gave is the number I called. I'm going to try like hell to get a hold of the district manager. I asked the dealership to have him call me at work today. Of course, he calls my house and leaves a message saying that they won't help. I'm thinking of going to the better buisness beuro and also filling lemon law. I know my situation does not meet lemon law criteria, but my salesman says it will make its way to chrysler and show that I am not backing down. It's funny, the man who sold me the truck is trying to help me more than anyone else.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:10 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No problem. I hope that helps. I'll continue to check on my end, and if i see/hear anything, i'll post it for you.

Quick Reply: '02 1500 Quad cab (black) paint flaking off