3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Proper Door/Hood Gaps?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 12:19 AM
Cunard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Proper Door/Hood Gaps?

does anyone know what the the factory door and hood gaps are for a 2005 Dodge Ram Quad Ram 1500 or where i could possibly find them?

thanks in advance =)

Old 10-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Cunard
Default RE: Proper Door/Hood Gaps?

anyone?

Old 10-29-2006, 01:30 AM
silverram99
Captain

Seriously its been like 2 hours. When I do body work on a car I don't accept anything but 1/8 inch gaps takse some time but its worth it. I really doubt that Dodge got that specific with their gaps. My advice would be to find a lot with a couple trucks like yours on it and go measure the gaps.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:10 AM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: silverram99

Seriously its been like 2 hours. When I do body work on a car I don't accept anything but 1/8 inch gaps takse some time but its worth it. I really doubt that Dodge got that specific with their gaps. My advice would be to find a lot with a couple trucks like yours on it and go measure the gaps.
thanks brother...i was looking for a number at the very least..and 1/8 inch helps alot....i was also looking for somthing more official to take to the bodyshop who just keep coming up with excuses it seems as to why the gaps are so big.....on both doors for instant...the gap between and the front fenders and the bottem of the door are nearly a quarter inch apart

pics below

and here is the gap on the hood.....its is much wider then the gap on the other side.....

i am running out patience with these guys and got into a heated arguement with them the other day

Old 10-29-2006, 03:12 PM
damquick1
Veteran

Looks to me like they screwed it up, basically there shoud be no more than 3/16 of an inch gap. If you can fit a pencil eraser off a #2 pencil in the gap it's too big. That's how we used to check 'em.
Refuse to pay them until they get it right, I'd be on the phone with my insurance adjuster if I was you.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:37 PM
Ringwraith
Rookie

Found this in the TSB page...
http://dodgeram.info/tsb/1997/23-55-97.htm

Sean

Old 10-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Cunard

ORIGINAL: damquick1

Looks to me like they screwed it up, basically there shoud be no more than 3/16 of an inch gap. If you can fit a pencil eraser off a #2 pencil in the gap it's too big. That's how we used to check 'em.
Refuse to pay them until they get it right, I'd be on the phone with my insurance adjuster if I was you.
many thanks brother...really appreciate the info

as for the insurance adjuster...i did finally get a hold of him and hes going to pay a personal visit to the body shop

also...thank you ringwrath =)

Quick Reply: Proper Door/Hood Gaps?