3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Water/moisture getting up into the door jam

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2006, 03:46 PM
Ringwraith
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water/moisture getting up into the door jam

I'm a virgin Ram owner and I'm noticing quite a bit of water gets into the door jam. (I think that's what it's called) Basically when you open the door, the area where the hinges are and below the floor step. This happens on both driver & passenger when the roads are wet. It just seems to me that a lot of water is getting in & I'm worried about when the salt is on the roads!! There's a weather strip at the bottom but I guess that only does so much. Is this a common issue? What do you guys do about it in the winter? I suppose mud flaps would help but I don't like the look of them.

Cheers
Sean

Old 10-29-2006, 04:03 PM
abarmby
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Water/moisture getting up into the door jam

Apparantly, there is a tech/service bulletin just for this issue.
Apparently, Dodge has modified rubber weather strips available for the bottom of the door.
This cures the problem you've mentioned.
Someone on here will chime in with the service bulletin number.

Al.

Old 10-29-2006, 08:18 PM
kenihemi
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Water/moisture getting up into the door jam

Mine gets it too. Its all painted surfaces, so just wipe it down when you clean the truck.

There are no seals to prevent it except for the bottom of the door. But it still gets in between the doors, and between the front doors and the fenders.

Quick Reply: Water/moisture getting up into the door jam