3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dogs in the bed

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 11:31 PM
Stud
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dogs in the bed

As long as your dog/dogs wont jump out of the bed and its not 120 degrees, i dont see a problem with having the dogs in the bed. In upstate NY, my dogs are in the bed just as much as my Husky box is.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:19 PM
danorosco

I've got two mutts I regularly have in the bed of my 02 4.7 QC. I drilled a couple holes into my toolbox and bought a restraint system from www.pupbut.com they offer a canopy deal too but I don't think it would work with my toolbox. The restraint mounts to each end of the toolbox, or you can use your factory tie down points if you don't have the toolbox, and there is a ring in the center to attach the dogs to. Buy them a harness, do not attach to their collar. The system will allow them to stick their nose over the edge, but thats as close as theycan get.

Old 11-27-2006, 08:35 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

LOL. I thought this thread was going to be about sleeping with your dog(s). Hehe.

Yes my black lab (who has a hunting pedigree) sleeps in the bed with us every night. He rides in the back of my crew cab. I just have a dog style seat cover and husky liner, so when he is muddy it doesn't make a difference. Just throw the seat cover in the wash. Funny thing about that dog, he is not gun shy at all, but I still can't get him to stop chewing on the ducks after he gets them.

Quick Reply: Dogs in the bed