3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Audio Questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 07:24 AM
QuickSilver05
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio Questions

Hey guys, I wanna upgrade the sound system in my truck, but there are a couple of obsticles that I need to figure out. The first one is the bezel around the factory stereo in our trucks. It does not just have a normal rectangular hole, as as it is cut out on both sides for the factory stereo *****, so the hole is a funny shape. Does someone make an aftermaket bezel to take care of this little hang up? I'd just as sood get rid of the fake plastic wood look if I could anyway.

The other problem is where to mount the subs. It's a quad cab, and there seems to be nowhere to put subs in these trucks. Someone told me there is a custom box available to put them in the storage area under the rear seat somehow, but I have yet to see that anywhere.

Any help would really be great. Thanks guys!

Old 11-13-2006, 07:36 AM
QuickSilver05
Veteran
Default RE: Audio Questions

Here's a possible fix for the head unit, I just wish there was something a little cleaner looking.

Old 11-13-2006, 11:35 AM
Uncle Hemi

I've been looking at the JL Audio Stealth Box for my truck. I have read that they sound incredible in the Ram quad cab.

Here's the link: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1440

Also, MTX makes a form fitted box for the quad cab, however, I have not heard or read anything about them.

Link to MTX - you will have to select your truck model: http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products...hunderform.cfm

Good luck deciding.

Old 11-14-2006, 03:53 AM
QuickSilver05
Veteran

Sweet! Thanks for the info bro. I like the look of the JL box.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:21 AM
rumble bee ram

just take the face adapter and the wood crap to a local auto painter and have them color matched, as for the sub isssue, , BEWARE OF THE JL STEALTH, its so stealthy you cant hear it without a hearing aid. i ttried 4 boxes and finally found on ebay a company making a thermoformed mdf topped 2 10'2 box . fits under rear seat. a huge 2.6 cuft ported or sealed your choice for sound preference. i did ported and dropped in 2 new alpin 10" type r, they handle 450wrms each. i have a 800wrms hart audio mono amp mounted under driver seat, very loud , very impressive, twice as loud as the others, just remember you have a hemi so dont puss out and get a weak sub setup. ebay , seller name is foxacoustics http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=290029256257 . i tried jl , 2 12" sony, 2 12" kicker, and mtx thunderform. the same problem came up , not enough airspace, THIS THE ANSWER.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:21 PM
djr04
All Star

You could always get a bezel for the nav system from the dealership. That is a simple square or rectangle opening. I think it is double din sized.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:58 PM
HighDuke1911
Champion

ok, for a quad cab, the biggest size subs you should put in are 10's. and you can make or buy a fiberglass box for under your back seats. i got a fiberglass box for my truck to my 10's in there and it works awesome! very loud and clear! look at my pictures. those are my old subs in the pic (i think), but thats my box!

Quick Reply: Audio Questions