3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 02:43 AM
somebodyinok
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Antenna

Ok I feel like a retard. I cannot for the life of me get the antenna connector on the back of my factory stereo to come apart. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 11-17-2006, 02:27 PM
HemiLonestar
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: Antenna

There isn't any special trick to it, so don't feel retarded. It SHOULD just pull out. Do make sure you're pulling and wiggling in the right spot though.

Old 11-17-2006, 05:11 PM
LoFlyer
Professional

Common problem. Pull on the black plastic sleeve, not on the wire. It's right there where the antenna plugs into the back of the radio and may look like part of the radio, it's not, it's part of the antenna.

Old 02-19-2007, 06:41 PM
mprisco

I heard a noise last week coming from the right front fender area of my 04 ram, and found it to be the antenna base was very loose. What is loose is the clip that holds the black antenn base to the fender well. There is a piece of crap bracket, not a threaded nut that holds the antenna base to the fender. I have been looking all over the net to locate another manuafacture's antenna that woul fit on the ram, but no luck.
Anyone have this issue. Again, the antenna base is swiveling about .5 inch forward and back from center. Taking it to the dealer tonight to get another issue taken care of, so we;ll see what they say.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:16 PM
hemiyellow
DC Insider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull harder

Quick Reply: Antenna