3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

front/rear door panels.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 10:42 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front/rear door panels.

i just ordered all new speakers to replace the ****ty stock setup. got the kicker 6x9's and kicker 6.5's and a kicker 60x4 amp to run them off. my question is how do you take the door panels off of th efron and rear doors ( 2006 quad cab). i havent tried or even looked how to go about it yet but i figured i would just ask on here first to get rid of any headaches that may occur. .

Old 11-28-2006, 02:35 AM
reiderr
Professional
Default RE: front/rear door panels.

It's dirt simple. Just remove the door handles--one philips head screw. Look for a few other screws on the door panel. Then simply lift up the panel. If it doesn't lift up easily, you missed a screw or 2. Swing out the top and remove the electrical connector for the power windows and you're good to go...

Roger...

Old 11-28-2006, 03:06 AM
rumble bee ram
Default RE: front/rear door panels.

easy job. i put a set of cadence compnents in both doors, although the back doors fit 5 1/4 not 6.5's . to help with monuting i pryed the black plastic mounting ring off the factory speakers and put it on top of new ones and they are secure now.also its a good time to throw a nice set of 3.5 2 ways in the factory dash holes for a lil more clear sounding vocals up front.also there is a company on ebay ( user id, foxacoustics )selling an awesome vacumn formes dual 10" sub box that is 2.5 cu ft, wit shipping buy it now for only $175, i installed 2 alpine 10 type r ( new on ebay only $240 w ship )with 800wrms amp under rear seat. it is truly incredible.

Quick Reply: front/rear door panels.