3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stuck Door (HELP)

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 12:48 PM
CHarp018
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck Door (HELP)

Hey guys, one of my latches is stuck down on the rear drivers side door. Long story short, i got a new latch to put in the door and someone put the old latch back in. The old latch panel was taken off and the springs are shot inside. So with that being said, they shut the door and now the door will not open, at all! I have pretty much tried everything. I would hate to go to the dealership and pay up the ying yang. Any help would be VERY appreciated. Thanks guys!

Old 11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
mazz
Veteran
Default RE: Stuck Door (HELP)

What about a locksmith?

Old 11-28-2006, 04:31 PM
MrSlug
Veteran

Have you tried some C4 or the Jaws of Life? LOL.

Seriously though, try downloading the service manual for your dodge (there is a link sticky'd for it called Xmas) and check out the lock mechanisim. I would start by pulling the seat out by that door (for room) then taking the skin off the interior side of the door. You might be able to jimmy the lock mech open from there. Just an idea.

Old 11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

Stupid question and I hope you have already tried this but have you tried opening the door from the inside and out side? from what Ive seen the inside and outside latches shouldn't be on the same set of springs or mechanisms so if one were to go bad the other wouldn't. Other than that rip pff the door panel and start poking around.

Old 11-28-2006, 05:11 PM
CHarp018

Thanks guys! I dont think a locksmith would do the trick, its got power locks...or would it???

The problem is that the little latch lever thing is stuck down and its latched shut...We looked at the new one and made sure that all the locks ur not engaged and everything. The panel is off but the latch itslef is mounted from the outside of the door jam...which sucks because we cant get to it...at all...The springs inside the latch itself are shot and kinked...I dont know what else to do.

Mr. Slug - What do you mean a link stickyd for it called Xmas?

Quick Reply: Stuck Door (HELP)