3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need new rims/tires

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 12:31 AM
allmine
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need new rims/tires

Okay, so i cracked one of my rims...apparently its 1000 for a new one...thats the quote from the dealer, i think they have their heads up there asses.. sinc eit is this rim here http://i24.ebayimg.com/01/i/08/c9/3b/3e_1.JPG and that comes on ebay with the cetnre cap for like 250 bucks. but im in Canada and the shipping will be through the roof.

SOOOO...i think i might be up **** creek, im sure i can find a set of nicer rims around here somewhere for 1000-1500 ... does anyone have any recommendations? should i keep the 20" rim style? or completly change it up? go smaller?

Old 12-01-2006, 12:37 AM
BgBluRam
Captain
Default RE: need new rims/tires

It is really up to you but with my experience, 20" Wheels on a full size truck is not the best thing. If you research it, a lot of people bend and break their 20's, especially if you do any kind of off roading. 17" wheels are ideal, anything bigger, and they become fragile.

Old 12-01-2006, 01:26 AM
HemiBuell
Captain
Default RE: need new rims/tires

ORIGINAL: BgBluRam

It is really up to you but with my experience, 20" Wheels on a full size truck is not the best thing. If you research it, a lot of people bend and break their 20's, especially if you do any kind of off roading. 17" wheels are ideal, anything bigger, and they become fragile.
Become fragile? What does that mean. Lots of rock crawlers run 18's. What about monster trucks? Are there rims fragile? The local military vehicles I see have massive rims.

As far as replacing 20's, from what I have seen going with 17's could be the best cost sensitive move.

Quick Reply: need new rims/tires