3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Sirius Antenna Placement

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 08:38 PM
damquick1
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sirius Antenna Placement

I just talked to a guy in a parking lot that has his on the front bumper of his ram, about dead center of his grill, said he used some 3M tape to help hold it down, he ran all the wires thru the firewall. He told me he has great reception and didn't have to punch any holes. wish I had a pic, it doesn't look bad, his truck is mineral grey so it's not obtrusive.

Old 12-08-2006, 09:03 PM
MudSeasonVT

i am glad this thread started. i have been looking at Sirius for a long time, and now i am ready to buy. i have been woundering about the install. as far as placement of the gear. i like the dash idea. i am woundering about how well i can receive the signal since i am deep in the country.

also, where are you guys mounting your Satalite radios?

Old 12-08-2006, 10:30 PM
shep21

I used the vent clip mount that came with my Sirius Sporster, it does block part of one vent, but its a really convenient spot....

Old 12-08-2006, 11:31 PM
damquick1
Veteran

in my wifes van I bought off e-bay this pretty kewl radar detector mount that clamps to the rearview mirror post, and ran the wires under the headliner along the top of the winshield, down behind the front pillar, and under the dash to the back of the head unit. It looks good and is very unobtrusive.

Old 01-02-2007, 12:52 AM
MudSeasonVT

Thanks Shep, can others show pics of their tuner installs? i am looking at the stiletto 100, or S-50. anyone have these installed?

Old 01-02-2007, 04:13 AM
lukeca
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mounted mine in the trash hook area.

Here's my thread that shows my whole install:
https://dodgeforum.com/m_470738/mpag.../tm.htm#470738

Old 01-02-2007, 08:50 AM
GotHemi?
Professional

First off I love my Sirius, I have been a subscriber since 2004 and I got the sportsman model. Best Buy mounted it on the flip down center console using a XM Delphi reciever bracket that they trimmed and screwed into the inside of the console right above the extra cigarette lighter. The lid still closes and it draws power from that seldome used constant 20 volt source. The antenna is mounted center dash with no poor reception issues. I will try to get some pics for you guys but the receiver location is right at hand level for cruising and I have never needed the remote control. Very good spot IMO for a Sat Receiver. Hope this helps.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:52 AM
RAMAGAIN
Rookie

I just installed mine near the third brake light. The antenna I got with my kit ( Xact replay) had a 6" protective lead that tapes to the roof, the antenna itself is magnetic. The wiring runs above the headliner to the Drivers side A-pillar and through the dash to the receiver.I used the kits mounting bracket but fabricated an aluminum adapter to mount it in place of the passanger side air bag switch blank.
Sorry , no pics. I don't know where to host them.

Old 01-05-2007, 03:52 AM
BgBluRam
Captain

I have XM, but I installed my antenna above the passenger's head on the roof of the truck, and the wiring is neatly tucked inside the weather stripping, runs across the engine bay through the firewall on the drivers side, and into the back of the unit. You cannot see any wires, looks great and works like a charm. One of the best things I have done.

Quick Reply: Sirius Antenna Placement