3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

QUESTION ABOUT HEAT

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 11:58 PM
brianas
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: QUESTION ABOUT HEAT

hello
yes my 06 takes forever to get heat
and its just starting to bother me now as
the weather is gettin colder

depending on weather - my ford takes 1-2 min for some heat out the vents
this new dodge usually takes 10 min - seems a little long

Josh

Old 12-08-2006, 01:04 AM
GSXR1181
Amateur

7 to 10 min on mine. Never really paid attention to the warm up time. My Camaro never really gets warmed because of the 160 degree thermostat, so I'm just happy to have heat now. But comparing apples to oranges, my dads 94 F150 will melt you in the seat in about 5 minutes.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:07 AM
bigfrigginbug

My '06 took 8 minutes to get comfortable (outside temp 30 F) yesterday morning. I'm interested to see how long it will take this morning - supposed to be -6 F. Lovin' the heated seats.

Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 PM
truckin151
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: cr80renob

Never heard of that method before but then again it doesn't get to cold in Arizona.

Now do you mean the truck its self doesnt warm up that fast or the heater isn't warming up very fast? With my 05' Reg. Cab 1500 it takes about 3-5 min for the truck to warm up in the morning, and about 5min or so for the heater to warm up. its in the low 40's - high 30's in the morning right now so its not too cold out.
Doesn't get cold in Arizona?!?! Up here in Carefree it'll get well below freezing. So having the heat take along time is Ridiculous.

Of course its going to get colder in a higher altitude! I guess I should have specified the area a little more, Im in Mesa and it barely touches lower 40's to upper 30's in the morning, not freezing.

As for the original question how do you have the heater set? do you have it on recirc or vent while the heat is on? I have the best luck with heating my truck when it is on high and on recirc because its not trying to constantly heat the outside air which causes it to warm up much qicker usually under 5min give or take while driving, when its on vent it takes much longer around 10-12min while driving.

Quick Reply: QUESTION ABOUT HEAT