3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

WARNING. New Virus out

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2006, 07:22 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WARNING. New Virus out

What is funny, I used to be into coumputers, I bought a Timex sinclair back in the 80's and the Comadoor 64 was all the rage, I was rocking when I bought a 386 sx with 8 megs of Ram....

three years ago, I bought my system I have now to replace the 386...I learned dos, never caught on to OS 2 and avioded coumputers totaly for personal use.

So if you wanna play and don't know how to write code, MS has the average user hostage...

I should have stuck with it when I was younger, but oh well, I have rabbit ears on my TV and I don't have cabble TV, but I do have cable for the coumputer..

Old 12-25-2006, 12:15 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

ORIGINAL: cyclone429
What is funny, I used to be into coumputers, I bought a Timex sinclair back in the 80's and the Comadoor 64 was all the rage, I was rocking when I bought a 386 sx with 8 megs of Ram....

three years ago, I bought my system I have now to replace the 386...I learned dos, never caught on to OS 2 and avioded coumputers totaly for personal use.

So if you wanna play and don't know how to write code, MS has the average user hostage...

I should have stuck with it when I was younger, but oh well, I have rabbit ears on my TV and I don't have cabble TV, but I do have cable for the coumputer..
smart move.... you have avoided a LOT of headaches.
i work with them all day, every day. about 250 pc's, 100 printers, 12 servers, a couple of other older computers, wired and wireless net, wireless phones, a bunch of junky applications. the old stuff is stable, secure, (and obsolete). all the windows junk is like a daily free-for-all.
..typical call.
them.. i can't run program x, i got an error message.
me.. what's the error.
them.. i don't know, i didn't read it.
me. when did it last work.
them. yesterday.
me.. what have you done since then.
them. nothing.
me. did you install or upgrade anything.
them. well, i got a message on the internet to upgrade something, so i did.
me. what was it.
them. i don't remember.
me. AAARGGHHHH

Old 12-25-2006, 12:11 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Silver Eagle

ORIGINAL: 94rt10ohio

IF you get an E-mail with the word "INVITATION "in it ,do not open it, It will crash your computer.
If you click on Silver eagle in the upper left hand corner and send me a e-mail I'll forward what I have ,.that's the bestI can do. Ok.
Can you post alink to info or more detail of this? It could be a hoax as well.
I tried but it came back as being undeliverable.

Old 12-26-2006, 01:02 AM
Silver Eagle
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cheched my profile ,try my private e-mail it's supposed to work.

Old 12-26-2006, 03:49 AM
gordo24fan
Professional

Thank god for my Mac

Old 12-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Silver Eagle
Captain

This is whatI got in my e-mail This was checked by scoops.com bythe way. It is a virus that opens an Olympic torch which burns the whole hard disk C of your computer This virus will be recieved from someone who has your e-mail address in his/hercontact list. The message came from Mcnauttie5@aol.com Maybe you can eomail them and then post it here. I don't know how to do that. I'm lucky enough to know how to turn on the computer.

Old 12-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Phatboy
Professional

My wife picked up a little bug off of myspace. It kept wanting to take her to a 'virusbursters.com' website and install come BS app. I told her about this crap. So after installing the latest adawar personal it removed it, basically the 'bug' hijacked IE, which was still 6 at the time and you couldnt do anything. So I used my pc to download adaware, and then installed it on hers, via jump drive, ran it, and spybot sd, and it cleared it right up. Apparently a profile on myspace was infected, when it opened the page, a pop up saying 'you need some stupid BS to view this profile' and of course she installed 'it' LOL.

She better be glad she's pretty......

Old 12-26-2006, 06:19 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gordo24fan

Thank god for my Mac
Your Mac's aren't free from problems, don't be fooled from the Apple propaganda. (Bluetooth worm; the first OSX worm; "more recently Apple fixed a batch of 15 flaws in OS X," found in this article)
Many people have said it before (and I said it before in this thread), as Apple becomes more popular for its "increased security" more hackers and virus/worm/etc writers will be drawn to it, and you will find out, Mac's aren't as safe as you thought they were.

It is a virus that opens an Olympic torch which burns the whole hard disk C of your computer This virus will be recieved from someone who has your e-mail address in his/hercontact list.
ORIGINAL: Phatboy
Apparently a profile on myspace was infected, when it opened the page, a pop up saying 'you need some stupid BS to view this profile' and of course she installed 'it' LOL.
Huh.. amazing... a user action has to be taken, like opening an email or some b.s. pop-up, boy, the last time Windows clicked on a link for me... was never.
99% of security problems with Windows can seemingly be a "non-issue" if you just use your head.
It's ok tho, I like to joke about Mac users.. they still don't understand the two-buttom mouse thing

Old 12-27-2006, 09:15 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

from today's Washington Post technology section:

Some software security vendors suspect that a new Trojan horse program that surfaced last month, called "Rustock.B," may serve as the template for future malicious software. The program morphs itself slightly each time it installs itself on a new machine in an effort to evade anti-virus software. In addition, it hides in the deepest recesses of the Windows operating system, creates invisible copies of itself, and refuses to work under common security analysis tools in an attempt to defy identification and analysis."This is about the nastiest piece of malware we've ever seen, and we're going to be seeing more of it," said Alex Eckelberry, president of the security vendor Sunbelt Software in Clearwater, Fla. "The new threats that we saw in 2006 have shown us that the malware authors are ingenious and creative in their methods."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2600922_2.html

Quick Reply: WARNING. New Virus out