3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Argh!!! Some people are pricks..Spare Tire

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:53 AM
Ram fourpoint7
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Argh!!! Some people are ******..Spare Tire

ORIGINAL: cbrewer954

If caught, all thieves should have some appendage removed.
Yup. Like the one who stole my CBR 954...

fireblades.org??

Old 01-05-2007, 12:55 AM
SlickHemi06

Man thats f***ed up... I was thinking about stealing some other guys front bumper fog lights cause mine didn't come with them[sm=alcoholic.gif]. BUT, thats not me, i can't do that [sm=badidea.gif] So, someone sell me yours!!! [sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 01-05-2007, 01:22 AM
SLCHemi
Professional

That totaly sucks man ! When I was a kid my father caught a couple guys tryin' to ****** his spare tire in a grocery store parking lot(they had to break the window on his camper shell to get in the bed of the truck)..One of the guys took off and my father got ahold of the other one. 20 years later and I still recall with fondness the "smack..oof...smack..ooff...please sto..smack" as my old man beat the crap outta that guy. Unfortunately someone called the cops who damn near arrested my father which I thought was total BS...though I did overhear the cop telling the other guy he got what he asked for by stealing other peoples stuff....crapy world where you gotta lock up or nail down everything and if you defend your stuff you get thrown in the clink...

As for replacing your spare, E*Bay or a used tire shop if you've got one local will likely be far cheaper than the stealership...

Old 01-05-2007, 02:47 AM
cbrewer954
Professional

ORIGINAL: Ram fourpoint7

ORIGINAL: cbrewer954

If caught, all thieves should have some appendage removed.
Yup. Like the one who stole my CBR 954...

fireblades.org??
Some *** swiped my CBR900RR some years ago. Into Taco Bell a few minutes, came out, gone. Now my 954RR doesn't get left anywhere I can't see it.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 AM
Johndcjr1989
Record Breaker

i think i read on here somewhere about a guy who ran a live electical wire tied into or parallel to the cable holding his spare tire up so if a thief tried to cut the cable and get it they would get a nice electrical shock. i dont remember exactly how it was done but if you could figure out how to do it in a way that would shock the complete crap out of someone who was trying to steal your spare, then im sure that would deter future thiefs. and set up a video camera when you do it so you can post vids of people getting electrocuted everytime they try to steal your stuff. lol

Old 01-05-2007, 11:40 PM
NYPANAMA42
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's funny you say that...a couple of years ago i read that in South Africa they were having a rash of carjackings....so someone invented a device, that mounted underneath the vehicle, so that when being carjacked, and the carjacker opened the door, flames would burn them to a crisp.........I asked a woman, who at the time was my lady and an attorney about that, and she said that it would never fly in the USA because it would be considered Premeditated murder....you go figure
only in the USA....

Old 01-06-2007, 12:19 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

I think it would be cool to have a defice that would charge the truck and if anything touches it while it is armed it would electricute it. Of coursei would have a off switch hidden on the outside but no body else is gonna know where it is. It would be great to watch the neighborhood cats jump on my truck then. I dont want enough shock to kill them, but enough to scare them and anything else that decides it is brave enough to touch my truck.

Quick Reply: Argh!!! Some people are pricks..Spare Tire