3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New powerwagon and have some questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:15 PM
bdc1211
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New powerwagon and have some questions

Hey All,

I just picked up my new 06 powerwagon on the 23rd of December. I'm really happy with it but I have a question concerning the radio. Its the basic, single cd player with Sirius. Is there a way to get the sat radio to display the channel and artist? From what I can tell at this point, it doesn't. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Also, does anyone have any pics of any aftermarket radios installed in their o6? Dodge has a pretty goofy way of making the radio, y'know, with the control ***** right in the middle of the radio. This would seem to make it pretty difficult to get an aftermarket radio intallation to look clean.

TIA for any feedback!

Old 01-04-2007, 04:47 PM
Ram fourpoint7
Default RE: New powerwagon and have some questions

Iwas trying to figure out the same thing on my radio. Pretty cheesy if you can't look up artist/station/title with a satellite radio.

The radio in my wifes Jeep has an info button but mine doesn't

Old 01-04-2007, 08:33 PM
Scootr
Professional

ORIGINAL: bdc1211

Hey All,

I just picked up my new 06 powerwagon on the 23rd of December. I'm really happy with it but I have a question concerning the radio. Its the basic, single cd player with Sirius. Is there a way to get the sat radio to display the channel and artist? From what I can tell at this point, it doesn't. But I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.
I have the same radio and no,it does not showthe name of the channel/artist/song.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:35 AM
Ram fourpoint7

ORIGINAL: Scootr

Hey All,

I have the same radio and no,it does not showthe name of the channel/artist/song.
That's just dumb but I guess I'm the dummy for not noticing it on the test drive. I think I'll start looking for a used 6 disc...

Old 01-05-2007, 12:40 AM
bdc1211

Hey all,

Thanks for the feedback.

I had our local dealer look around at other dealers for a powerwagon that was painted that inferno red. This is the one he came up with so the radio at the time wasn't a big deal to me.

I take it the 6 disc player will show the satellite info?

Old 01-05-2007, 12:47 AM
Ram fourpoint7

We have the REF radio which is the base version I guess. My wife has the RAQ version in her Jeep which has the 6 disc and sat info but loses the ipod input. I guess you can't have both.

Old 01-06-2007, 09:25 PM
JRH_PowerWagon_06
Veteran

Not really a Power Wagon question is it...

Old 01-06-2007, 11:39 PM
bdc1211

"Not really a Power Wagon question is it..."

I'm sorry....did I inadvertently cause you to click on a message and waste your time? I'll be sure to be much more careful with my posts in the future....

Old 01-07-2007, 01:41 PM
Scootr
Professional

"Not really a Power Wagon question is it..."

I'm sorry....did I inadvertently cause you to click on a message and waste your time? I'll be sure to be much more careful with my posts in the future....

You're fine...you have a Power Wagon, the radio is in your Power Wagon and you had a question. Some people are just like that...if it doesn't have to do with something they're interested in they get upset because they wasted a whole 3 seconds clicking on the post. Your post is fine,welcome to DF!

Old 01-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bdc---

I bought my 2500 with the single in it intetionally, as after reading a number of posts in here before I bought mine that the stereo is pretty lame, and they are right, it is lame.

You might be better off, just putting your money into a new and better system. I will be putting a Pioneer system in with new Boston Accoustic speakers sometime in the near future. If you do a search here on the forum you will find a lot of info concerning upgraded systems with aux amps and subs, and boxes etc---just depends on what you like, and a nuber of members that are more than willing to help you out

Just my .02

Good Luck

Quick Reply: New powerwagon and have some questions