3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Nerf bars and lowering kits?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 10:03 PM
boyd98
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nerf bars and lowering kits?

I have some nerf bars on my truck (05 QC) and i was just wondering what would happen if i lowered my truck; how freakin stupid would they look - i only ask because i have never seen them on a lowered truck before (i have seen runners)

Guess where I am at is i am going back and forth on raising / lowering my truck to level it out. its a 2wd truck, all black sport QC windows tinted. Im thinking it would look sweet lowered, but i already have nerf bars and really dont want to sell them. Plus the wife hates the idea of a lowered truck.

Anyway just wondering what you thought ; should i just sell the nerf bars and lower it; or raise it to level it out. The auto place really hestitated on selling me a 3" lift kit for my truck; they said ruff country sux bad and they have seen a lot of problems associated with it. I really dont want a 6" lift on my 2wd truck, perhaps just a 2" leveling kit.

Or maybe just forget about the whole damn thing, I know i definately want some new rims this coming summer /shrug

Old 01-05-2007, 10:06 PM
BgBluRam
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nerf bars and lowering kits?

I have the rough country lift kit, it has been on almost 6 mos. now and I have had no problems what so ever with it. I think it is a great affordable kit, the only thing that I would recommend would be to get a better set of shocks if you do it, because the shocks they give you in the kit are really cheap.. It would look kind of weird with the nerf bars and being lowered. Why dont you just get rid of the nerf bars?? It will still be quite easy to get in with it lowered.

Quick Reply: Nerf bars and lowering kits?